Brownsville is a town in Kentucky's Caves and Lakes region.
Brownsville is accessed via Kentucky State routes 70 and 259, the main arteries in and out of Edmonson County, and can be reached from these major freeways: Interstate 65 exits 48 & 53, and the Wendell H. Ford Western Kentucky Parkway exit 107 at Leitchfield.
Car is the most popular means of transportation in Brownsville and Edmonson County because there is absolutely no public transportation offered in any part of the county. Brownsville is a very small city, so almost everything in town can be found easily.
- Mammoth Cave National Park is accessible via State Highway 70 east of Brownsville. For further information on this attraction, see the guide for the park.
- Shady Hollow Golf Course, 985 Ramsey Road, Cub Run, ☎ +1 270-286-6165. edit
- Nolin Lake State Park, (KY 1827 west off State Route 728). Offers swimming, a hiking trail, and a bench area. Also includes a campground. edit
- Not Too Shabby Mini Flea Market, Riverhill Shopping Center ((KY 259 north of the KY 70 intersection in north Brownsville)), ☎ +1 270 535-9445. Features Antiques, odds and ends, along with some salvaged snack and grocery items, all at yard sale-quality prices. edit
- Mammoth Cave Transplants, 5394 Brownsville Road, ☎ +1 270-597-2533. A Kentucky Roadside market offering plants of all kinds, and some garden supplies. edit
- Reneva' Consignment Shop, 100 Park Place (off KY 259) (south Brownsville), ☎ +1 270 526-3868. edit
- The Corner Market, JCT KY 70 at KY 185, Roundhill. This roadside convenience store on the Butler/Edmonson County line offers a limited grocery line, unleaded fuel, kerosene, deli meats, and video rentals. It also offers county newspapers from both sides of the county line. edit
- Salings Grocery and Bait Shop, 2884 Nolin Dam Road (KY 728), Bee Spring, ☎ +1 270-286-6165. Offers a line of groceries, fishing equipment, as well as Hunt Brothers Pizza. Located 300 yards from Nolin Dam. edit
- Godfather's Pizza / Minit Mart, 101 Houchin's Ferry Road, ☎ 270-597-2180. Minit Mart is southern Kentucky's premiere convenience store chain offering Godfather's Pizza, O'Deli subs and a small grocery line. edit
- Pizza n' Paradise, South Main Street, ☎ 270-597-2224. edit
- Bertie's Ice Cream, S. Main Street at Veterans St., ☎ 270-597-3586. edit
- Mis Amigos Mexican Restaurant, KY 259 near Lock Road, ☎ 270-597-9105. edit
- Laura's Hilltop Restaurant, 1409 Highway 259 North (next to Hilltop Quick Stop), ☎ +1 270-597-9945. edit
- Dairy Queen of Brownsville, South Main Street @ Houchin's Ferry road (across from Minit Mart). Dairy Queen offers Hot Eats (e.g. hamburgers, fries, and other American food items) and cool treats (ice cream, milkshakes, and fruit smoothies). edit
Edmonson County is a "dry" county, therefore sales of alcoholic beverages are prohibited. Bowling Green is the closest city with alcoholic beverage service available.
- Serenity Hill Bed and Breakfast , Phone: (270) 597-9647 is located on KY 70 (Mammoth Cave Road), situated on a hill top just a mile out of Mammoth Cave National Park. The decor can only be described as casually elegant. The 3 guest rooms are comfortably decorated and have full private baths. Sit, back, relax and enjoy the views from on the large covered porch. Serenity Hill is located just minutes from the Turn Hold Bend and Cedar Sink hiking trails. This rural Edmonson County bed and breakfast is just 4 miles from Brownsville.
- Cave City is the tourism hot-spot of southern Kentucky, offering venues for family fun, and an array of restaurants and hotels that cater to visitors of the Mammoth Cave park.
- Bowling Green is home to the factory that makes the Chevrolet Corvette and the Cadillac XLR.
- Morgantown (Kentucky)
- Glasgow (Kentucky)