Brenham is located in the Post Oak Savannah region of Texas, roughly midway between Houston and Austin.
Brenham is renowned as the heart of the bluebonnet region in Central Texas. The local chamber of commerce promotes the Bluebonnet Trails and offers free maps to guide visitors along the most scenic wildflower routes, which also pass historic sites and attractions.
U.S 290 runs roughly through the center of town connecting both Houston and Austin. Brenham is about one hour (75 mi) north west of Houston and one and a half hours (89 mi) east of Austin along US 290.
- Washington-On-The-Brazos State Historic Site, 23400 Park Road 12, ☎ +1 936 878-2214 ext. 223, . A state historic site that is known as "the birthplace of Texas" because it was here that, Texas delegates met to formally announce Texas' intention to separate from Mexico and form it's own republic. The site's visitor center is free and includes interactive exhibits about the Texas Revolution and the park's attractions, a gift shop, a conference center and an education center. The Barrington Living History Farm which is a living museum farm homestead that represents the mid-19th-century farm is also located here, and the Star of the Republic Museum which showcases Texas history and culture is also located here. edit
- Blue Bell Ice Cream, 1101 South Blue Bell Rd, ☎ +1 800 327-8135, . The main attraction of Brenham is touring the Blue Bell Ice Cream plant where you can see how Blue Bell Ice Cream is made. edit
- Maifest, . Maifest is the traditional German celebration of the arrival of spring. Due to the town's German heritage it is celebrated every first weekend of May in town, with live music, children’s activities, festival food and drinks. edit
Downtown Brenham has a large concentration of antique shops selling various unique items.
- Andrea’s Taco Shop, 1102 N Park St, ☎ +1 979 251-7078. A small little restaurant specializing in Tex-Mex and authentic Mexican food. edit
- Dumas Walker Pepper & Pie, 1505 W Main St, ☎ +1 979 830-1414. Restaurant specializing in Southern/Cajun fare. The shrimp gumbo and crawfish étouffée is probably the best in Central Texas. edit
- Mobius Coffeehouse & Pizza Connection, 1120 S Market St, ☎ +1 979 251-9955, . A unique coffeeshop/pizza parlor specializing in both New York and Chicago style pizza. Free Wi-Fi. edit
- Nathan’s BBQ, 1307 Prairie Lea St, ☎ +1 979 251-9900, . Barbecue restaurant known for their ribs, brisket, and smoked sausage. edit
- Ant Street Inn, 107 W Commerce St, ☎ +1 979 836-7393, . A historic boutique hotel located in downtown Brenham. edit
- Hampton Inn, 2605 Schulte Blvd, ☎ +1 979 337-9898, . Basic chain hotel with complimentary breakfast, fitness room, pool, etc. edit