Brejo da Madre de Deus is a city in Pernambuco, Brazil.
The city is famous for the Paixão de Cristo that takes place in Nova Jerusalém, in the district of Fazenda Nova.
Fly to Recife Guararapes International Airport. From Recife, rent a car or take a bus to Brejo da Madre de Deus. A closer, but much smaller airport, can be found in Caruaru.
bvcbncxvnbxcvbnnbn b nb b b b b b b b xb nbxnngfngfnnsngn
18.104.22.168 20:25, 14 February 2011 (EST)LEO
- Paixão de Cristo de Nova Jerusalém , world's largest open-air theater. Passion of Christ and monumntal city (real-size replica of Jerusalem during Jesus' time). More than 200,000 thousand visitors during Easter.
- Historical buildings in the center of town. Colonial tiles from the 1700s and early 1800s.
- Matriz de Nossa Senhora do Bom Conselho Church
- Matriz de São José Church (1792)
- Casa da Câmara e Cadeia (1845), by French arhitect Louis Vauthier
- Historical and Archeological Museum (Museu Histórico do Brejo da Madre de Deus)
- Monumental Sculpture Park (Parque de Esculturas Monumentais Nilo Coelho), in Fazenda Nova district