Brampton  is a city within the Greater Toronto Area of Ontario. It is one of Canada's fastest growing cities and and has a population of approximately 524,911 (2011).
Toronto Pearson International Airport (IATA: YYZ) is located immediately to the south-east of Brampton. From the airport a Limo cost $45, and takes about 30 minutes, all depending on traffic.
By public transportation
Brampton is on the Kitchener GO Transit  commuter rail line. There are three commuter stations in Brampton: Bramalea, which serves the eastern end of Brampton; Brampton station, which serves central Brampton; and Mount Pleasant, which serves the north-western end of Brampton. Mount Pleasant and Brampton stations are only served by trains during weekday rush hours, while Bramalea is served by trains all day on weekdays. The trip by train from Toronto Union Station takes 35-45 minutes and costs between $6-8. The Malton GO station is located near the South-East border of Brampton, and is yet another option for Brampton residents to go to Toronto.
When the trains are not running, they are replaced by coaches following the same route, however these coaches generally run to and from Yorkdale and York Mills subway stations to the north of downtown Toronto instead of Union Station. Trains and buses run about every 20 minutes during rush hour and about every hour outside of rush hour.
Brampton station is also served by Via Rail  intercity trains on the line from Toronto to Sarnia. Via runs 3 trains a day in each direction. These trains also serve Georgetown, Guelph, Kitchener and London among other places.
- Peel Art Gallery Museum & Archives, 9 Wellington Street E. A municipally run art museum, part of the Peel Heritage Complex.
- Great War Flying Museum, 13691 McLaughlin Road at Brampton airport, . Open 11AM-5PM Sa-Su and holidays, from late May late October. A small museum and a workshop with volunteers that make replicas of WW1 planes from scratch.
- St Elias Church, 10193 Heritage Road, just north of Hgw 7, . A beautiful Ukrainian, catholic wooden church.
- World Art Gallery, Hwy 10 and Steeles in Shoppers World, . Featuring postcard-sized art from around the world, run by Visual Arts Brampton.
- Artway Gallery (Artway Exhibit Space), 499 Main Street South (Corner of Highway 10 and Steeles Avenue), ☎ 905-453-9142, . Mall hours, daily. Artway Gallery is the primary exhibit space for Visual Arts Brampton members. Every month, our exhibits at the space features the creativity of VAB members and other area artists. First created in April 1998, Artway opened in Shoppers World Brampton in June 2004. free. edit
The Rose Theatre downtown Brampton
- Brampton Flight Centre, 13691 McLaughlin Road, tel: +1905 8381400, . Get a discovery flight lesson for $75 or a sightseeing flight for $180. The centre also have a restaurant: The Flying Pan.
- Gage Park, 45 Main Street N, Brampton, ON. During the winter months (December-March) Gage Park's circular walkway is turned into a skating rink and the park is nicely decorated with Christmas lights. In the summer, the park is lovely as well and offers a splash area for hot summer days. There is a snack bar open during peak times.
- Bramalea City Centre , 25 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton, ON. Brampton's largest mall and Canada's 7th largest by retail space. Large selection of stores.
- Trinity Common Mall , Large outlet mall featuring stores such as Roots, Sportchek, The Shoe Company, Danier. Has big retailer Canadian Tire as well as a Metro grocery store and Silvercity movie theatre.
- Shoppers World Brampton, 499 Main St South (Bus 2 from downtown Brampton or bus 11 from Bramalea GO train station), ☎ 905.459.1337, . Mon-Fri: 10-21; Sat: 9.30-18; Sun: 11-17. This large mall was once Canada's top selling mall. It is a large regional mall serving the Brampton area. It is easily accessible by transit with its own bus terminal. It is served by Brampton Transit, GO buses and Mississauga Transit. edit
You can find fast-food restaurants almost everywere.
Most of the better restaurants seem to be geared towards Italian food.
- Aggie Martin, 15 Main St. N, tel: 905-450-7854, . Very good French food. Great atmosphere, versatile--good for friends, fun, romance, business lunch, or dinners. Located in a historic building.
- Hut Like Pepper, 18 Strathearn Dr, (at Steeles Ave. and Dixie Rd.), . Very affordable Guyanese-style Chinese food.
- Fanzorelli's, 50 Queen Street West (downtown) tel: 905-450-9752, . Good Italian food.
- Louisiana Seafood Kitchen and Oyster bar, 1 Steeles East. tel: 905-454-4460, . Good food and good atmosphere. This a fun and lively place. On weekends, expect live music and dancing.
- Osso Bucco, 170 Bovaird Dr W, tel: 905-459-3939, . Very good Italian food, especially the Osso Bucco.
- Rapini's, 184 Main St., tel: 905-455-7071.
- Sonny's Burgers, , 21 Kennedy Road North. Local burger spot. Only seating on picnic tables outside the restaurant. Well known by Bramptonians and open late everyday.
- Greek Symposion, , 148 Queen Street E, Brampton, ON. Great Greek restaurant near downtown Brampton. Great menu for those more/less travelled in Greek cuisine, meaning something for everyone. Large portions, great prices.
- Tracks Brewpub, Union Street and Market Sq blv, tel: +1905 4533063, . Good beer and good simple food. There is a small outside patio away from any traffic noise, but as the name implies, it is next to the train tracks.
Best Western Brampton, 30 Clark Boulevard, (877) 297-2239, . Rooms Begin at $88.48
Howard Johnson Express Inn, 226 Queen Street East, 905-451-6000. Rooms Begin at $74.80
Holiday Inn Select, 30 Peel Centre Dr. 905-7929900, . Rooms Begin at $94.42.
Fairfield Inn, 150 Westcreek Blvd., 905-874-7177. Rooms Begin at $134.18.
Brampton is a safe city, however be on your guard at night like in any other city. Muggings and assaults may happen.
Brampton is a short drive away from Toronto, Ontario; a mecca for fashion, entertainment, etc.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!