Bradenton is a city in the state of Florida in America. It is situated on the Gulf coast. Its economy is based on tourism and agricultural products. Tropicana, the orange juice company is headquartered here.
- Arrive by air at Sarasota/Bradenton International airport in Sarasota. You can also fly into Tampa International airport in Tampa. Tickets to Tampa are generally cheaper and it's easier to get a direct flight since the airport is bigger.
- Easy access by car from Interstate 75.
- Anna Maria Island provides a free trolley service that runs the length of the island.
- The MCAT (Manatee County Area Transit) bus system stops at all the major shopping areas, beaches, schools, hospitals, etc.
- Myakka State Park, . See the real Florida.
- South Florida Museum, . Where the oldest captive manatee, Snooty used to live. The museum has an excellent collection of Florida prehistoric history and of the Bradenton area.
- De Soto National Memorial, . Features live reenactments of Conquistadors shooting things.
- Swim, jetski, or windsurf at Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key Beaches.
- The Seafood Shack Showboat. Save money on your evening meal with a boat ticket.
- Canoe on the Peace River .
- Seafood Shack in Cortez village.
- Cortez Kitchen in Cortez village.
- Boiler Room on Manatee Avenue, best cheesesteak.
- Rod and Reel Pier on Anna Maria Island.
- Shake Pit on Manatee Avenue.
- The Beach House on Anna Maria Island.
- O bricks, 427 12th Street West (Old Main Street), ☎ 941.896.8860. Irish Pub and Martini Bar- Great food edit
- The Sandbar, Anna Marie Island. edit
- RJ Gators, Cortez Road.
- McCabe's, Old Main Street, Downtown.
- Lost Kangaroo Pub, Old Main Street, Downtown.
- Applebees, 4638 S.R. 64 East (West from I-75, East from 301, in Braden River Plaza, between the 43rd St. Blvd. E. and 48th St Ct. E.), ☎ 941 748 6800. 11AM--2AM.. Family establishment offering diverse and delicious fare at reasonable prices. $5-$15. edit
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75, FL, 5610 Manor Hill Lane, Bradenton, FL 34203, ☎ 941-363-4000, . edit
- Econo Lodge East, 607 67th Street Circle East, Bradenton, Fl 34208 (I-75, exit 220, across from McDonalds), ☎ 941-745-1988, . checkin: noon; checkout: 11AM. Economy motel with clean rooms. $40-90. edit
For the most part Bradenton is a safe city, however it has a significantly higher crime rate than Sarasota. Gang violence has risen in the past few years and drug crime remains.
Avoid traveling into neighborhoods near Old 301, Palmetto, and Central Bradenton; these areas tend to have a higher concentration of crime, especially at night. Stick to the wealthier West Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch.
As always, don't walk around by yourself late at night or carry around expensive objects or large amounts of cash. Driving is normally pretty safe, however carjackings have been known to happen. If driving around at night, lock your car doors and windows. Again it is recommended to stick to major roads to avoid getting lost and ending up in a bad neighborhood.