Botolan is a town in the province of Zambales, Central Luzon, Philippines on the coast of the West Philippine Sea a few kilometers south of the provincial capital, Iba. It is a first class municipality with more than 50,000 people. Often dubbed as the adventure capital of Zambales, Mount Pinatubo crater lake is located within its boundary.
- From Manila, you can either drive there in 3 to 4 hours using NLEX and SCTEX then the Iba road or use public transportation with Victory Liner buses that service this destination from both Cubao and Pasay terminals
- From Clark and Angeles city, it is a 2-hour drive using SCTEX and Iba road. You can also use an UV Express from Dau terminal to Subic then a public bus from Subic to Botolan.
- From Subic bay and Olongapo, Botolan is around 1-hour plus drive. There are also public buses (bound for Sta. Cruz and Iba.)
- From Iba, Botolan is just 15 minutes away south of Iba.
- From Tarlac province, a new road (the Botolan-Capas road) is being built that should make Botolan less than 1 hour away from the province of Tarlac. As of end of 2017 this road is still being built.
- Mount Pinatubo See the majestic blue crater lake of this famous volcano in a day tour or with an overnight trip sleeping in a tent on the shore of the crater lake.
- Tukal-Tukal falls Visit this 3-layer waterfalls and enjoy swimming there.
- Kayaking at Bancal river Paddle from the river to the sea on the still waters of the Bancal river
- Take a tour Tripinas offers daytours or overnight trips to visit all the famous sights of Botolan (Pinatubo, Tukal-Tukal, Bancal kayaking, ATVs,..)
- The feast of Ina Poón Bató You can attend this religious feast each January.