Binford is a small town in Griggs County, in the east central area of North Dakota. It has a population of about 200 people. Coordinates are Latitude 47.56N & Longitude 98.34W, and elevation is 1,520 feet.
In June, 2006, Binford will be celebrating its centennial. See town's official web site.
- By car: from exit 283 on I-94, take state highway 1 north for about 50 miles to state highway 65
- Camp Atchison state historic site is about 2 1/2 miles south of Binford off Highway 1. This site marks the location of 1863 Sibley Expedition camp, where 1,000 soldiers were garrisoned. Tel: (701) 328-2666.
- Lake Jessie state historic site, approximately 3 miles southeast of Binford. The site marks three historic expeditions. In 1839, it served as a campsite for the Nicollet-Fremont Expedition. During the 1850's, the Isaac I. Stevens railroad survey party was based here. Later, the James L. Fisk wagon trains to the Montana gold fields staged through Lake Jessie. Tel: (701) 328-2666.
- Rodeo: the Humps-n-Horns bull riding event comes to the Binford, ND Rodeao Arena in the northwest corner of town, in late June, 2005 .
- Binford Cafe, 205 Whinery St., Binford, ND 58416. Tel: (701) 676-2871
- Beaver's Place, 213 Whinery St., Binford, ND 58416. Tel: (701) 676-2820
- Floyds Bar, 203 Whinery St., Binford, ND 58416. Tel: (701) 676-2745
- Binford Park, PO Box 164, Binford, ND 58416. Campground with 3 furnished cabins and 6 RV sites: electric, sewer, picnic shelters, restrooms. Tel: (701) 676-2450. Email: [email protected]
- Red Willow Bible Camp, 7 miles north of Binford on Hwy 1 and 1 mile west. Open year round. Retreat center and cabin available for church, family and business. Lakeside, hunting, fishing, outdoor pool, indoor sauna, and gym. Tel: (701) 676-2681. Email: [email protected] 
- Red Willow Lake Resort, 10181 16th St. NE County RD 2, Binford, ND 58416. Tel: (701) 676-2061. Open Memorial Day through Labor Day. Tent and RV camping in heavily wooded area. RV sites have electricity, showers, vaulted bathrooms. Resort also has a full-service restaurant. Near spring fed fishing lake.