Billings is the largest city in Montana, with an estimated 100,000 people. As a destination in itself, Billings does a significant amount of convention business and is also the host to various regional events such as music festivals, athletic contests, rodeos, and outdoor activities. Billings hosts the largest hospitals in a 500-mile radius, as such the medical profession is a major source of employment in the area. Billings also is a frequent overnight or meal stop for westbound visitors to Yellowstone National Park, as it is the last major city for visitors going to the park via the Beartooth Highway.
Billings skyline as seen from the Rimrocks
- Logan International Airport, 1901 Terminal Cir, +1 406 247-8609, e-mail: [email protected], . Logan International is the major airport for Eastern Montana. It is served by Atlantic Southeast Airlines (under the Delta banner), Allegiant, Gulfstream International (for flights within Montana), Frontier Airlines, Horizon, Skywest and United. Denver, Salt Lake City, and Minneapolis are the biggest hubs serving Billings.
Billings is served by Greyhound  and Rimrock Trailways .
- MET Transit  - Toll free: +1 406 657-8218, e-mail: [email protected]. MET has 9 lines that provide service on weekdays and Saturdays with additional lines running during peak hours on weekdays. Weekday service 6:10AM-6:45PM. Saturday service 8:10AM-5:45PM, except for a one hour lunch period. There is no service on Sundays and major holidays. Fares - Regular:$1.25 ; Seniors (62+), Medicare, Disabled: $0.50; Children 5 and under: Free. Long Beach Transit also offers a 10 Ride Ticket for $10. Transfers - Free.* Exact change required for fare. Yellow Cab - +1 406 245-3033* City Cab - +1 406 252-8700* Red Lodge Shuttle - +1 406 446-2257 or toll free +1 888 446-2191.Visit the Billings Convention and Visitors Bureau  for resources on things to do and places to stay while visiting Billings.
- Pictograph Cave State Park  3401 Coburn Road, 6 mi S off I-90, exit 452, +1 406 254-7342. Day use only, year round (see website for hours). A prehistoric archeological site with 2000 year old cave paintings. $5 per vehicle for out-of-state visitors. Picnic area, hiking, Visitor's Center and gift shop.
- Chief Plenty Coups State Park  +1 406 252-1289. 30 miles S of Billings just outside of Pryor, MT (see website for driving directions). Day use only. Picnic and playground area, hiking trails, Visitor's Center and Museum, log house and grave site of last traditional Crow Chief.
- Pompeys Pillar, Little Bighorn Battlefield  Nearby historical monument and battlefield viewing opportunity.
- Yellowstone Art Museum  401 N 27th St, +1 406 256-6804, M closed, Tu-Sa 10AM-5PM (Th until 8PM), Su noon-5PM. Contemporary and historical art from Montana and the Rocky Mountain region.
- Billings, MT Events Calendar  - Events calendar for Billings, Montana ( billingsbulletin.com ).
- Local Horse rides  - Local events (www.billingsmontanaweb.com).
- Pappy's Adventures  - Outdoor family and group adventure.
- Montana Events Calendar  - Statewide Montana Events Calendar.
- Whoopah Ride  - New 2007, 2008 daily country adventure.
- Billings Mustangs - Minor League Baseball  - A new ballpark opened in 2008. Catch a Pioneer League game between mid-June and early-September.
- Rimrock Mall  - Largest Mall in the state of Montana.
- Gainan's, 502 N 30th St (downtown), 810 Bench Blvd (Heights), 1211 24th St W (West side), ☎ ''1+'', . Family-owned garden and home stores with nice gift selection. edit
- The Mustard Seed, 1340 W 15th (at the intersection of 15th and Grand Ave.), ☎ +1 406-259-1400, . Pan-Asian restaurant chain. edit
- Shanghai Village, 2926 2nd Ave N, ☎ +1 406-245-6887. Nice Chinese restaurant in the downtown area. edit
- Juliano's, 2912 7th Ave N, ☎ (406)248-6400. M-F 11:30AM-2PM; W-Sa 5:30PM-9PM. Original American food with European and Asian influences from chef Carl Kurokawa. Features a nice outdoor patio. Lunch items $7-$9; dinner $14-$25. edit
- Walkers American Grill and Tapas Bar, 2700 1st Ave N, ☎ +1 406 245-9291, . Dining room hours: Daily 5PM-10PM. Tapas Bar/Lounge hours: M-F 4PM-11PM, Sa 5PM-11PM, Su 5PM-10PM.. Excellent locally-owned restaurant serving seasonal American and international cuisine. Main courses $11-$25; tapas $5-$9. edit
- Q Cuisine, 2503 Montana Ave, . The Q is an upscale, contemporary dining experience. It is sort of a place one might never expect to find in Montana. Key Lime Martini and the chef’s ever-changing ravioli are recommended. $10-$25. edit
- Pappy's Cowboy Cookout (Western Romance Company), (I-90 and Pryor Creek Rd), ☎ +1 406 348-2048, . This is an adventure to get great cowboy cooked food and BBQ cowboy style. People and guest from inside and out of state come back just for the food. The dutch oven dinner is perfect for events and outdoor cookouts. edit
- Montana Brewing Company 113 N Broadway +1 406 252-9200.Local microbrewery.
- Yellowstone Valley Brewing Company, 2123-B 1st Ave N, ☎ +1 406 245-0918, . Brewhouse Garage Pub M-Sa 4PM-8PM. Local microbrewery featuring live music. edit
- Angry Hanks Brewery, 2405 1st Ave N, Billings, MT 59101, ☎ 406-252-3370. 4pm-8pm. Microbrewery located downtown in an old gas station. $3. edit
Early reservations are advised during the peak summer months and during weekends when a major event is scheduled. At most hotels, rates are significantly higher during the summer.
- Crowne Plaza Billings ' - 27 N 27th St, Toll Free: +1 800 588-7666, Phone: +1 406 252-7400 Fax: +1 406 252-2401. This 23 story hotel is the world's largest free-standing brick building. Restaurant, lounge, exercise room, concierge, courtesy shuttle, 24-hr. business centers, dry cleaning, executive levels, full service Starbucks, renovated 2007.
- C'Mon Inn - Billings Montana  - 2020 Overland Ave S, Toll Free: +1 800 655-1170, Phone: +1 406 655-1100, Fax: +1 406 652-7672 e-mail:[email protected]. Resort hotel lodging close to many amenities. Summer rates (Apr-Sep): $73-$145, Winter rates (Oct-Mar): $70-$141.
- Dude Rancher Lodge  - 415 N 29th St, Toll Free: +1 800 221-3302, Phone: +1 406 259-5561, Fax: +1 406 259-0095, e-mail:[email protected]. Downtown location, king and queen sized beds, restaurant, coffee makers and coffee in every room, cable TV, microwave and refrigerators in selected rooms, pets allowed. $48-$63 double.
- Historic Northern Hotel - 19 North Broadway, Billings, MT 59101, Phone: +1 406 867-6767, Fax: 1 406 867-6776. Originally built in 1940, this hotel received a remodel in the late 1990s. Air conditioning, cable TV, restaurant, saloon, exercise room. $89 double; $109-$139 suite (Reopening in March 2013 after renovations by new ownership)
- Josephine Bed-and-Breakfast  - 514 N 29th St, Toll Free: +1 800 552-5898, Phone: +1 406 248-5898, e-mail:[mailto: [email protected] [email protected]]. Located within walking distance of downtown. The Josephine features Victorian decor with modern amenities. The house includes a library, parlor, and dining room for breakfast, and a wraparound porch. A/C, cable TV, wireless network (wireless network cards are available for rent), complimentary snacks, beverages and liqueur. Well behaved children are welcome. No pets. $65-$160.
- Big Horn Resort, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member (Big Horn Resort), 1801 Majestic Ln, Billings MT 59102, ☎ 406-839-9300, . checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. The Big Horn Resort is Montana’s conference center and leisure family vacation destination. The Resort provides the highest quality, and the most comfortable and convenient accommodations of any hotel in Montana. Located near the I-90 exit, and en route to Yellowstone Park, Pompeys Pillar, and Jackson Hole, the Big Horn Resort is close to history, adventure, and real dinosaurs. It’s also home to Montana’s largest indoor water park – the Reef. It also offers a free airport shuttle and hot breakfast. $145. (45.7357665,-108.6035094) edit
- Huntley Project -For additional activities near Billings, visit the Huntley Project area website.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!