Beni is in the Tropical Lowlands of Bolivia.
Amazonian region just east of the andes.
- Trinidad — The capital of Beni, also called the "Jewel of the Amazon". It is a very eye-catching town that is slowly but steadily becoming a city.
- Riberalta — An interesting town with a serious frontier-like feeling, set in the northern Bolivian jungle.
- Rurrenabaque — A popular base for jungle and pampa trips.
- San Borja
- Santa Ana del Yacuma; The cleanest and safest of all the towns in Beni.
Flights from Cobija, Cochabamba, La Paz and Santa Cruz.
Buses from Santa Cruz.
- Keperi — Tasty piece of cooked meat. It is very tender and it is served with rice and cheese, fried yuca and cold beer. All meat dishes are usually big servings.
- Piranha — The rivers are full of fish and piranha is a delicious treat.
- Snake — As expected in places near a jungle, the Amazon cuisine includes species that are uncommon in other parts of the world. Those who try it ask for second servings.