Belmont County is in Mid-Ohio. The county seat is St. Clairsville. It is located on the banks of the Ohio River, which is the state line separating Ohio and West Virginia. The county takes its name from the French for beautiful mountain.
- Belmont Lake
- Peidmont Lake
- Ohio University Eastern
- Belmont Technical College
- I 70, runs E/W through the county. Route 7 goes N/S, along the Ohio River.
- Ohio River.
- Blaine Hill S Bridge, (Route 40 in Blane, Ohio), . Carries Route 40 over Wheeling Creek at the edge of Blaine. The Blaine Hill "S" Bridge was designated the Ohio Bicentennial Bridge in 2003, and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 17, 2010. Built in 1826, it is the oldest standing bridge in Ohio. Its three stone arches span approximately 385 feet. (40°4′0.92″N,80°49′15.49″W) edit
- Pike Island. Two locks and a gated dam, one of the two major types of dams in service. Controls the water level in the navigation pool upriver of the dam. Machinery moves large chains which lift gates that are hinged into the body of the piers. The gates are raised or lowered to control the amount of water flowing under them. The upstream pool is maintained at a relatively constant level for an authorized depth of at least 9 feet throughout its length. The dam cannot be operated to control flood flows. edit
- The National Road Bikeway, St. Clairsville, the only bike trail in Ohio passing through a rail tunnel.
- Lake Shawn, (Six miles west of Powhatan Point in SR 148), ☎ 800-845-0036, . A private sportsman's paradise. The 108 acre property hosts one of the best fishing holes in the entire state. Anglers can catch hybrid striped bass as large as 14 pounds along with smallmouth, largemouth, giant bluegills, perch, crappie, trout and silver channel cats. Lake Shawn has two cabins available for rental year round for fishing and deer, turkey and pheasant hunting. People visit Lake Shawn from all over Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia not only because of the great fishing and hunting but rather because it is very private. Only small parties of fisherman and hunters are allowed on the property and it is by reservation only. edit
- Jamboree in the Hills, (Just east of Morristown on US 40), . One of the largest country music festivals in the Mid-West. Located just east of Morristown, 'Jambo' has attracted country music fans from all over the United States and Canada since it began in 1977. edit
- Belmont County Fairgrounds, 45420 Roscoe Road, St. Clairsville, Ohio, . The new Belmont County Fairgrounds are located west of St. Clairsville a short distance off US 40. The annual fair began in 1849, and currently is held the week after Labor Day. The grounds also hosts a motocross track, called MX 213, and the Carnes Convention Center. (40.058268,-80.977662) edit