Bellingen  is a pretty town in a green valley on the Mid-North Coast of New South Wales, Australia.
Bellingen is slightly alternative lifestyle, with more than its share of arts, crafts and markets. It caters well for travellers. Although typically mild climate, it can really rain when it chooses to, and the low level bridge across the Bellinger river in central Bellingen is subject to flooding.
Bellingen is located on Waterfall Way, which links the Pacific Highway with the New England Highway at Armidale in the New England region.
The closest airport with scheduled flights is in Coffs Harbour
- A beautiful area to take a swim in the Bellingen river can be found along "Glenifer road". Take the first left after the Glenifer hall and find a park when you reach the first bridge after this turn off. Walk upstream along the river from the bridge about 300m and you will find a wonderful deep swimming hole.
- Tours to Dorrigo National Park can be arranged in the Bellingen YHA, on Mondays, Wednesday and Friday. Cost: $35 per person.
- Bellingen Fine Music Festival, . This event has an unusual blend of classical and other fine music from many traditions. It has a big program of workshops, fringe events and a focus on talented local young musicians. edit
- Bellingen Readers and Writers Festival, . Since its inception in 2011 the festival has provided an opportunity to revel in Australia’s literary culture. The festival’s relaxed and intimate setting provides enthusiasts of the written word with a smorgasbord of thought-provoking topics and discussions on fiction, non-fiction, poetry, journalism, music and science writing. edit
- The Old Butter Factory, 1 Doepel Street, . Arrays of arts, crafts and lifestyle gift ware, with much of the work produced on site. edit
- The Yellow Shed, 2 Hyde Street, ☎ (02) 6655 1189, . Displays of crafts, artworks, jewellery, perfume, gifts for all ages and over 3,000 selected book titles. edit
- The Mysterious Bee, 6 Valleyview Drive Bellingen, ☎ +61 (02) 6655 1501, . An award winning nature documentary filmed in Bellingen $30.00. edit
- Federal Hotel, 77 Hyde Street (Waterfall Way), ☎ 02 6655 1003, . AHA award winner: Best Bistro Brasserie in Australia, 2007. edit
- Federal Hotel, 77 Hyde Street (Waterfall Way), ☎ 02 6655 1003, . This hotel has a great range of draught beers on tap, a good wine list and bottled beers from around the world. edit
- Bellingen YHA Hostel, 2 Short St, ☎ +61-2-6655-1116, . Fax: +61-2-6655-1358, email: [email protected] edit
- Bellinger Valley Motor Inn, 1381 Waterfall Way, ☎ (02) 6655 1599, . Offers 27 large, comfortable rooms. All rooms have air-conditioning and are at ground level. Outdoor facilities include a pool, recliners, BBQ area and heated spa. edit
- Take a drive or ride along Waterfall Way to visit the World Heritage listed Dorrigo National Park and Oxley Wild Rivers National Park.
- The coastal centre of Coffs Harbour is an hour's drive to the east.
- Be sure to take a trip up the waterfall way to take in the beautiful scenery and country atmosphere of Dorrigo