Bellevue  is a city in the Puget Sound region of Washington state, and often considered a suburb of Seattle. Bellevue has a population of over 100,000 and was voted 5th best place to live in the United States of America.
The nearest airport is Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, which is south of Bellevue on I-405; see the article for more details..
- State route 520 connects Bellevue to Seattle, via the Evergreen Point floating bridge on Lake Washington. Prone to traffic jams. This bridge will be tolled from 5:00AM to 11:00 PM starting Spring of 2011 using the GoodToGo! pass or by license plate and Pay By Mail.
- * 520 Tolling Fees, . edit.
- The more modern and capacious Interstate 90 provides another route from Seattle across Lake Washington, traversing Mercer Island. It continues eastward to Spokane and, ultimately, Boston.
- Interstate 405 runs North-South right through the middle of Bellevue, leading north to Kirkland (and eventually rejoining I-5 on the way to Bellingham and ultimately the Canadian border) To the south, I-405 leads to Renton and the Southcenter shopping district before rejoining I-5 (continuing southbound to Portland, OR, and ultimately the Mexican border).
Almost every bus that runs through Bellevue stops at the Bellevue Transit Center located on 6th Street between 108th Ave NE & 110th Ave NE. Bike lockers are available for rental during regular business hours.
- Sound Transit  Express line 550  runs frequently between Downtown Seattle and Downtown Bellevue.
- Sound Transit Express line 560  runs every half hour between SeaTac
Airport and Downtown Bellevue.
Express Bus fare is $2.50 per trip, and the drivers will not provide change.
The Puget Sound (which includes Bellevue) has a decent bus transportation network if you're staying in the city.
- Metro  offers both local bus service (for shorter distances) and express bus service (for longer distances). (numbered in the 200's)
- Sound Transit  offers express bus service.
The two systems do not accept transfers from each other unless you have an ORCA card.
For trips outside of the core city, you'll probably want a car.
There are a few museums in Bellevue:
- Bellevue Arts Museum  small art museum with fine craft and design exhibitions
- Bellevue Botanical Gardens  is a must see especially the Garden d'Lights in the winter
See a movie at Lincoln Square Cinemas 
Swim at Somerset Recreation Club 
- Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park, (From I-90: Take Exit 13 and drive south on Lakemont Blvd SE for 3.1 miles. Look for the entrance to the Red Town Trailhead on the left side of the road.), . Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park (CMRWP) is a 3000+ acre park with 36 miles of hiking trails (12 miles suitable for equestrian use). It showcases a variety of natural features from forests and waterfalls to meadows and cliffs. There are four primary trailheads, each offering a different experience. Free. (N 47 32.105,W 122 07.752) edit
- Mercer Slough Nature Park, . Located in the heart of Bellevue, this 320-acre park offers hiking, biking, canoeing, blueberry picking and environmental education. Information on guided tours such as canoeing or nature walks can be found at Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center . edit
Shop at Bellevue Square 
- Top Gun This old favorite restaurant closed in Seattle, but is now open in the Factoria area of Bellevue, almost at the intersection of I-405 and I-90, across Lake Washington.
- Udupi Palace, 15600 NE 8th St # 9, Crossroads Mall (425) 649-0355. Udupi serves authentic thali plates, dosas, and pani puri, not available in Seattle. Their daily lunch buffet is a soul food hit with many South Indian Microsoft employees. [Closed as of 12/1/2010]
- Maggianos, downtown Bellevue for great pinot noir and Italian fare.
- Gilbert's on Main (Gilbert's Main Street Bagel), 10024 Main St, ☎ (425) 455-5650. Serves excellent breakfasts & deli sandwiches, wide assortment of bagel choices, and great coffee. edit
- Daniel's Broiler, 10500 NE 8th - 21st floor, ☎ (425) 462-4662, . Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30AM - 2:30PM Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM Friday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM. Located on the 21st floor of the Bank of America Building, with spectacular views of the Cascade Mountains and Lake Washington available from every table. Serves great traditional steak & seafood dishes, exclusively uses USDA Prime Beef. $$$$. edit
- Facing East, 1075 Bellevue Way NE (From I-405, take exit 13b west onto NE 8th. Turn right on Bellevue Way: the restaurant is in a strip-mall immediately on the left.), ☎ (425) 688-2986. Tu-Th: 11:30am-3pm, 5pm-9pm: Fri-Sun 11:30am-3pm, 5pm-10pm Closed Mon. Very good Taiwanese food: including many popular street foods. $8-12. edit
- Din Tai Fung Dumpling House, 700 Bellevue Way NE, ☎ +1 425 698-1095, . Award-winning restaurant originating in Taiwan, specializing in xiaolongbao (soup dumplings) and other Asian fares. $15-30. edit
- Joey's, . A decent restaurant and bar.
- Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, 11010 NE 8th Street, ☎ +1 425 454-5888 (fax: +1 425 455-5880), . Closest hotel to the Meydenbauer Convention Center. Within walking distance from the Bellevue Arts Museum and Bellevue Downtown Park. $185-$225. edit
- Courtyard Seattle Bellevue/Redmond, 14615 NE 29th Place, ☎ +1 425 869-5300 (toll free: +1 800 321-2211, fax: +1 425 883-9122), . Located just off the 520 freeway. Within the heart of the Microsoft Main Campus in Redmond. $139-$159. edit
- Fairfield Inn Seattle Bellevue, 14595 NE 29th Place, ☎ +1 425 869-6548 (fax: +1 425 881-2861), . edit
- Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue, 14455 NE 29th Place, ☎ +1 425 882-1222 (fax: +1 425 885-9260), . edit
- Hyatt Regency Bellevue, 900 Bellevue Way NE, . The 382-room hotel offers views of the Olympic and Cascade mountain ranges and is a part of the Bellevue Collection, a major regional shopping destination. edit
- Larkspur Landing Bellevue, 15805 S.E. 37th Street, ☎ 425.373.1212, . Rooms have FeatherBorne Beds and full kitchens. Laundry facility, fitness room, grocery shopping. edit
- Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue/Downtown, 605 114th Avenue SE · Bellevue, Washington 98004 USA, ☎ 1-425-637-8500, . Located next to a nature preserve, experience beautiful Washington State in the comfort of the Residence Inn Seattle Bellevue Downtown. The extended stay hotel in Bellevue, WA is just minutes from the Meydenbauer Convention Center, Bellevue Galleria, Art Museum and the 405 Freeway, as well as many activities including Lake Washington, scenic parks and hiking trails. Enjoy the Bellevue, WA hotel's free hot breakfast buffet in the morning and mingle over refreshments at the free social hour on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Feel at home in thoughtfully appointed Bellevue suites with separate living and sleeping areas, fully equipped kitchens and stylish furnishings. The suites in Bellevue, Washington are also equipped with free Internet access to keep you connected. Later, unwind in the indoor pool, stay in stride at the on-site fitness center or head outside to walk the nature trails. The Residence Inn Downtown Bellevue hotel helps you maintain a balance of work and life as you thrive on extended stays. edit
- Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue, 3244 139th Avenue SE Bellevue, Washington, 98005, ☎ +1 425 747 2705, . A modern and upscale hotel located near downtown Bellevue, Hyatt House is a restful retreat where every day life is made easy. edit
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Seattle Bellevue, 3225 158th Avenue SE, Bellevue, Washington, 98008, ☎ +1 425 644 2500, . Spacious suites and premium amenities near downtown Bellevue, WA. edit