Bass Harbor is a village of the town of Tremont in the state of Maine.
- Bass Harbor Head Light, (End of Lighthouse Rd., south of Harbor Dr.). This 1858 lighthouse sits on a scenic ocean cliff. The lighthouse is closed to the public but can be viewed from the park around the lighthouse. For the best views, take the trail and stairs from the parking lot down to the rocky shoreline. Expect a steep climb on the way back up. Free. edit
- Seafood Ketch. This staple seafooder on the southernmost part of MDI offers reliable, tasty and fairly priced fare. When you want basic fried or broiled fish or seafood, come here.
- Cap'n Nemo's Restaurant, 45 Harbor Dr. (off of Rt 102A), ☎ (207) 244-7872. 3PM-dun. A great place to sit down relax. It has a cozy atmosphere and there is artwork all over the walls. The food is amazing and the portions are large. edit
- Ann's Point Inn, Anns Point Rd, Phone: (207) 244-9595.
- Bass Harbor Inn, Shore Rd, Phone: (207) 244-5157.
- Bass Harbor Cottages and Country Inn, 95 Harbor Drive, ☎ 207 244 3460, . checkin: 4pm; checkout: 10am. Three private cottages facing Bass Harbor close to Bass Harbor Head Light. Originally built to provide lodging to tradesmen on Swans Island and in 1911, it became the home of Dr. Thomas Tapley, McKinley's 'horse and buggy' physician. edit