Bangor  is city in the Highlands region of Maine. It is the third largest city in the state and has numerous cultural facilities, including the University of Maine in neighboring Orono, Maine
- Bangor International Airport, 287 Godfrey Boulevard (Exit 46 or 47 on Interstate 95), Phone: +1 207 947-0384, . Served by Allegiant Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, United Airlines. Non-stop and connecting flights from various US cities
- Concord Coach Lines, 1039 Union St. (across from airport), Phone: +1 207 945-4000, . Routes from Boston, Boston Logan International Airport, New York City, Portland, Manchester to Portland, Bangor, Midcoast Maine, Lewiston-Auburn and Augusta
- Greyhound Lines, Dysarts Travel Stop, Coldbrook Rd, Hampden Phone: +1 207 945-3000, . Connections from Boston and Portland.
- Cyr Bus Lines, Phone: (800) 244-2335, . Service from northern Maine.
- West's Bus Service, . Service from eastern Maine (Calais, Machias, Ellsworth).
- Bangor Area Transit (BAT), 481 Maine Av., Phone: +1 207 992-4670, . Bus service.
- Downtown Bangor and the waterfront is easily explored by foot; the nearby Pickering Square parking garage offers the first two hours for free. Traveling to sites outside of downtown will require a car.
- Penobscot Theatre Company, 131 Main Street, Phone: +1 207 942-3333, .
- Bangor Symphony Orchestra, 189 Exchange Street, Phone: +1 207 942-5555, .
- Ten Bucks Theatre company, . Fine, quality theater. edit
- The Thomas Hill Standpipe, Phone: +1 207 947-4516, . The 110-ft (34 m) tall water tower that gives the Queen City its "crown," is open seasonally for tours. From the observation deck you can see to Mt. Katahdin on a clear day; enjoy the famous Maine foliage in the autumn. This requires climbing 100 steps, and is not handicapped accessible.
- Every summer, the River City Cinema Society shows free screenings of classic movies in Pickering Square. Bring a lawn chair and enjoy the show. .
Festivals and events
- The American Folk Festival, . Late August.
- Kenduskeag Stream Canoe Race, . April.
- Senior League World Series, . Early August
- Kahbang Music & Art Festival, . August
- Cool Sounds Music Series, Mid June to August in Pickering Square
Do with Kids
It simply doesn't get any better than this:
- Maine Discovery Museum  (formerly Bangor Children's Museum)
74 Main St, Bangor, ME 04401, United States. (207) 262-7200. 3 full stories of fun for kids. Ideal for preschoolers but is also stimulating and entertaining for kids of all ages.
Downtown Bangor has a number of local stores.
- Stop at Epic Sports to get geared up for your outdoor adventures elsewhere in Maine; they carry equipment for nearly every sport in every season.
- Try Mexicali Blues for funky clothes, cool toys, and kitchen wares.
- Bagel Central, 33 Central St., Phone: +1 207 947-1654, . The only kosher restaurant north of Boston. In addition to bagels, sandwiches, soups and baked goods are sold. The dining area has tall ceilings with full length windows and can be very bright.
- Taste of India, 68 Main St, Phone: +1 207 945-6865. Wow wow wow, and a little more wow. Fantastic Indian food at a decent/phenomenal price: $6.95 or so for lunch specials (buffet Wed.-Fri.) and $10-$12 for some good evening grub. Good Indian beer and (domestic?) wine selection as well. Good service. Centrally located, right next to Maine Discovery Museum.
- Sea Dog Brewing Co., 26 Front St., Phone: +1 207 947-8004. .
- Fireside Inn and Suites, 570 Main Street, ☎ +1 207 942-1234 (fax: +1 207 942-1234), . edit
- Residence Inn by Marriott, 22 Bass Park Boulevard, ☎ +1 207 433-0800 (fax: +1 207 433-0811), . edit
- Fairfield Inn Bangor, 300 Odlin Road, ☎ +1 207 990-0001 (fax: +1 207 990-0917), . edit
- Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport, 308 Godfrey Blvd, ☎ +1 207 947-6721, . checkin: 3 PM; checkout: 12 PM. Connected directly to Bangor International Airport edit
- Holiday Inn, 404 Odlin Rd & 395 At Hermon, ☎ +1 207 947-0101, . edit
- Motel 6, 1100 Hammond Street, ☎ +1 207 947-6921 (fax: +1 207 941-8543), . edit
- Quality Inn Bangor Airport, 250 Odlin Road, ☎ +1 207 942-8272 (fax: +1 207 942-1382), . edit
- Ramada Bangor, 357 Odlin Rd, I-95 - Exit 182-B, Bangor, Me 04401, ☎ 866-523-3959, . edit
Bangor Mall Area
- Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, 236 Sylvan Rd, Bangor Maine 04401 (North - I95 Exit 187 (Hogan Rd). Take a right off exit onto Hogan Rd & immediate right onto Sylvan Rd. Hotel will be on left just past Nissan dealership. South - I95 Exit 187 (Hogan Rd) turn left at 2nd traffic light turn right onto Sylvan Rd. hotel in on the left past Nissan dealership), ☎ 1-207-262-0070, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12pm. edit
- Best Western White House Inn, 155 Littlefield Avenue, ☎ +1 207 862-3737 (fax: +1 207 862-3737), . edit