Ban Tai is one of the longest stretches of coastline on Koh Pha Ngan. The sandy beach stretches from the bay next to Thongsala all the way past Ban Kai beach and onto the Haad Rin peninsula. The shoreline runs parallel with Koh Samui offering fantastic views of the island in the near distance.
In the high season the coastal strip offers spectacular sunsets which are particularly awesome at full moon. At low tide almost the entire coastline can be walked.
From Thongsala and the ferry terminal the taxi ride is just five minutes.
Walking, renting motorbikes or sharing taxis to Thongsala - the main port. Twenty minutes to Haad Rin and the full moon party.
Sunbathing, swimming, snorkeling and eating.
- Jungle Flight (Jungle Flight), Baan Tai (on the road to Thong Nai Pan), ☎ 0066 (0) 80 889 7966, . 8am to 6pm. Zipline adventure in Bantai forest. Also bird and animal safaris in the forest in the Bantai area. edit
Shopping is available at Thongsala some five minutes away by Taxi. Locally there are shops, mini malls and restaurants.
Thai and European food. There are many restaurants just behind the beach on the main Haad Rin -Thongsala road.
- Fisherman's Restaurant, Ban Kai (main road to Thong Sala). Has great choice of seafood and the feature of the place is a longtail boat fitted into the restaurant overlooking the water, fitted out with tables and delightful ambiance. Great chill electro music and friendly staff. edit
There are many bars on the main Haad Rin -Thongsala road that are easily reachable by foot.
- Awe Resort, Ban Tai Beach, . checkin: 12PM; checkout: 11AM. Awe Resort offers two storey villas with swimming pool and private beachfront. Each Villa can take up to four guests and rates start from 2,500 Baht a night for long term booking and 4,600 Baht a night for full moon periods. edit
- B52 Beach Resort, Ban Tai Beach, . checkin: 12.00; checkout: 11.00. B52 is a recetly built resort offering deluxe and standard bungalows behind the swimming pool on the beachfront. The restaurant and bar have thatched roofs to lend a very tropical feel and the full moon party is just 20 minutes by taxi. 1,200 - 2,400 Baht. edit
- Rung Arun Resort, Ban Tai beach, . checkin: 11.00AM; checkout: 10AM. Rung Arun Resort offers 12 bungalows set within landscaped gardens and beachfront with swimming pool. One of the most peaceful and relaxing resorts on the island. 1500 - 2750 Baht per night. edit
- Power Beach Resort, . Has over 75 rooms with a large variety of bungalows and villas available, from basic fan bungalows to luxury air-con villas, which have been decorated and furnished to a high standard. (9.748179431157265,100.0265690359066) edit
- V-View Beach Bungalows, Ban Tai, ☎ 089-6062027. checkout: 12:00pm. 14 room resort with Fan and Air-con available. Fan rooms 400-800 baht per night, Nice Air-con rooms available for 1000+ baht per night. Taxi to Haad Rin (Full Moon Party) less than 15 minutes. Free Wifi and computer available for use. Excellent full service restaurant serving Western and Thai cuisine next to the beach. Hammocks available for your pleasure. edit
- Milky Bay Resort, . The resort is surrounded by lush vegetation inside perfectly maintained tropical gardens. Grass patches and small ponds with lotus flowers are spread throughout giving the resort its special natural and relaxed atmosphere. edit
- The Nomad House. edit Aircon dorm beds. 120 baht per night. Clean hostel located a 150 meters from Baan Tai beach. American and Croatian owned. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Bar, kicthen, wifi, hot shower, movie room. Great place for chilling and for pre-parties. Great atmosphere.
- Sea Breeze Resort (Sea Breeze Resort Phangan), Haad Rin, Koh Phangan Suratthani 84280 Thailand, ☎ +66 (0)77-375162, . boutique hotel with private swimming pool on the southern tip of Haad Rin Koh Phangan island, Thailand edit