Baker is a community in White Pine County, Nevada located just outside of Great Basin National Park.
From US Highway 50 (The Loneliest Road in America) take Nevada State Route 487 five miles to downtown Baker.
- Great Basin National Park. 80,000 acres, alpine snowshoeing, xCountry skiing, miles of haiking-easy to rigorous, Mt Wheeler is here at 13,063 feet, camping, rural community of 52 people edit
- Best Star Gazing Park. Great Basin National Park best in country for stargazing! http://travelblog.viator.com/best-us-national-parks/ Click here to see!! edit
Great Basin National Park
- Silver Jack Inn, . The resort has a motel, The Silver Jack Inn, a full service restaurant, The LectroLux Cafe with a full bar, as one customer stated "with booze to die for!" We are also a bakery, deli, grocery store including produce, meats and cheeses, eggs and milk, best bacon on the planet, and a bookstore And an art-antiques-crafts Gallery!! Also DVD rentals for our HiDef TVs with DVD slots. On the site is also an art, antique, and crafts (mostly local) gallery. WiFi is free for room and restaurant customers. edit
- LectroLux Cafe & Bar, RT 487, 10 Baker Ave, . 630a-9p. Rural restaurant and bar with urban sensibilities edit
- LectroLux Cafe & Bar, RT 487, 10 Baker Ave, ☎ 775-234-7323, . 630a-9p. Rural Bar with urban sensibilities, 40 micro brews, 8 single matl scotches, 4 grappas and a whole lot more edit
- End of the Trail...er, End of Page Ave (SW corner of Baker Townsite), ☎ +1-775-234-7302, . checkin: 3 PM; checkout: 11 AM. Two bedroom guest house with kitchenette, large bath and private deck with unobstructed view of Great Basin National Park. One bedroom has a queen-sized bed, the other a twin-sized bed. Comfortable for 1-3 guests. A unique artist's retreat that is clean and quiet. Season: May 1 through September 30th. Sorry, no smoking and no pets. $65-$85. (N39.00662,W114.12709) edit
- The Silver Jack Inn. Has comfortable rooms with AC and TV in most rooms as well as several efficiency rooms with more amenities. edit