Arroyo de la Miel is an attractive suburban town in the province of Malaga. Officially, Arroyo de la Miel is the central section of the municipality of Benalmádena. The council has decided that their town will be pretty, so they have planted trees along the streets and have worked to make this a welcoming town.
Paseo de Generalife picture
It is the home to many Britons, and its main street is lined with cafes and some pubs but none of the typical British style that can be found in Benalmadena and other resorts.English speakers will be at home here, but you will also have ample opportunity to practice your Castillian, or even more specifically, your Andaluz.
- Butterfly Zoo, Avda. Retamar, Benalmadena Pueblo (Adjacent to the Buddist Temple). 10.00 - 18.00*. *approx hours This is a recently opened tourist attraction featuring a great variety of butterflies from different continents. From Torremolinos, Benalmadena Costa and Arroyo take the bus that goes to Mijas (every half hour during the day) and alight at Estupa which is just beyond the village of Benalmadena Pueblo. The Buddist Temple is easy to spot. By car, Exit 217 on the autovia and head towards Benalmadena Pueblo. €11.50. edit
- Tivoli World - Theme park near the centre of town.
- Fast Monkey Bike Rental, Torremolinos & Benalmadena (Also offers Home delivery to any part of Málaga), ☎ (+34) 626 005 213 ([email protected]), . Fast Monkey offers different kinds and models of bikes, from road racing bikes to city bikes and all kinds of accessories to make your cycling holiday easier. Road and MTB Guided tours also available. edit
- The Atrium - a fine restaurant located on Avenida de al Constitución, where a nice meal will cost 10-15€ per person. There is a wide variety of dishes, and excellent recipes. It is spacious, having rejected the Spanish tendency to cram as much as possible into the smallest space. You will feel as though you're dining in England or the United States, but the recipes bring the best of Spanish raw materials to your table prepared as nouveau cuisine.
- ROBBO'S BAR, AVENIDA DE BONANZA. 10am-2am. friendly family bar good food(best of british) good selection of drinks at very good prices quizzes tues-thurs-sat nights from 10 o clockish well worth a visit cheap. edit
- ROBBO'S BAR, AVENIDA DE BONANZA. brilliant family bar,good food served all day,great choice of drinks at very affordable prices,quiz nights tues-thurs sat nights from 10ish. well worth a visit, pool table and sun terrace/ edit