Arrowtown is in a village in the Queenstown-Lakes region of the South Island.
- Walking tracks - Tobin's Track, Big Hill, Sawpit Gully to name a few.
- Trip into Macetown (old mining village, scattered remains left) - Mountain bike, trail bike or 4WD into Macetown. Many river crossings. Stunning scenery.
- Try your hand at goldpanning - pans are available for hire or purchase from the Museum.
- Chinese gold mining huts - historic and informative, short walk
- Fishing in the Arrow River
- Queenstown Cycle Tours, 10 Caernarvon St, Queenstown, ☎ +64 3 441-6008, . 24. Located at the hub of the 100 km Queenstown Trail: organizes self-guiding or guided cycling. Half day supported excursions to vineyards including bike hire, wine tasting & a visit to the wine cave are suitable for all abilities. from $139 pp. edit
Arrowtown has an wider array of restaurants and eateries than expected in a town of its size. Walk the main street the streets behind, to find one. Several open for breakfast.
- Chocolate, homemade, including hot chocolate.
- Postmasters (fine dining)
- The Tap
- New Orleans Hotel
- Blue Door
- Arrowtown House, 10 Caernarvon St, . checkin: 13:00; checkout: 11:00. Small luxury lodge. Authentic, relaxing & sophisticated reflecting echoes of goldrush era. edit