Patong (pronounced bpàa dtaawng) (ป่าตอง) is the largest beach resort on the island of Phuket. This article also includes Kalim, a series of small beaches just north of Patong.
The south end of Patong Beach
Patong is a party capital of Asia, with a world famous night life and a great beach. Mostly made up of hotels, world class restaurants, nightclubs and various tourist attractions, this is a hedonists' heaven of night life, with numerous entertainment complexes and countless bars clustered together in and around Bangla Road and the beach road. The town has a very obvious female, transgender and male sex industry to cater to every taste, however to only view it as this is a mistake, it offers so much more, for families and couples too.
Massage parlours of the erotic as well the therapeutic (Nuad Thai) genre provide less alcohol/drug infested venues for punters and wellness seekers. One can even find masseuses practising this medical art atop bamboo mats on the beach sands (100 baht and up).
Prices are higher than in Phuket Town, but there's more budget accommodation here than at the more southerly beaches. In Dec/Jan is high season so prices are at least double for hotels. You will be lucky to get anything decent (aircon) under B1000 at this time.
This may not be a good destination for the average backpacker, except in the rainy season when prices are far lower. However this is not Patong's stated market, it is fairly and squarely aimed at holidaymakers and does it rather well.
Rooming houses ('mansions') a few blocks inland provide nice, clean air-con rooms and suites as cheaply as 300 baht/day (less without air-con), or 3,000-10,000 baht/month. However Patong has every type of accommodation imaginable, from home stays to 5 star palaces.
Beach Road and the immediate surrounding areas were hit hard by the December 2004 tsunami, however the only signs now remaining are the "tsunami" titles on sale at the VCD/DVD vendors. There are still Tsunami Evacuation Route signs around the island that you should take note of. Remember that if a strange event at the beach occurs where the tide suddenly pulls back far from the shoreline, get to high ground quickly using these signposted routes or to a high level of a solid structural building.
Early warning systems have been improved since 2004 and it is likely you will receive some sort of warning if a major earthquake or seismic event occurs nearby or offshore.
Phuket Island in general and Patong Beach in particular are visited about once per year by ships of the United States Navy. The sailors are generally well behaved and are policed by their own Shore Patrol. As Phuket is not considered big enough, very large navy ships usually visit Pattaya instead.
Patong's three main axes are the aptly named Beach Road (Thanon Thawiwong) and Thanon Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi (the last bit means "200 years" and is pronounced song roi bee) running parallel a few hundred metres inland, bisected at the midpoint by the world famous Soi Bangla. These roads are one way streets- the beach road runs to the right of the beach as you face it, and Rat U Tit Road runs in the other direction. Transport into the beach comes from Phuket Town/Airport etc, along this road.
Running parallel to the Beach Road and Rat-U-Thit about half a kilometre inland is Nanai Rd which is the residential expatriate area and has many cheaper guest houses and hotels. The restaurants on this road tend to be cheaper as well as beers which can be had for 50 baht a bottle generally.
Between Nanai Rd and Rat-U-Thit is the new bypass road which is almost open, suitable for motorbikes at present and braver car owners. This road runs behind the huge Jungceylon shopping centre and past the local fresh fish and vegetable market 'Baanzan', well worth a visit if you are self catering.
The best time for visiting Patong beach may be during the winter, from November until March. The weather is cool and comfortable. The average temperature is around 24°C to 32°C. On the other hand, the hottest time is from April to May and the average temperature is around 27°C to 36°C. The weather is hot with heavy rain.
Phuket International Airport is 35km to the north of Patong. "Limousine" taxis from the airport to Patong are a steep 800 baht (45min); meter-taxis 700+ baht (from the meter-taxi stand at the airport: ignore the touts and turn right as you exit the terminal); shared minibuses limit the damage to 180 baht (and on the way the driver stops to "get information about your destination" at a shop, where you will be sold tickets for activities. It's a scam. Don't buy.) All the drivers at the airport seem to be working in collusion making negotiating a cheaper price impossible. An even cheaper (however, also more time consuming) option is to take the comfortable air conditioned airport shuttle bus to Phuket Town (1h), and switch there to a local bus to Patong (see "#By bus" section, below). Alternatively, if you know the right road, you can get off the bus after you pass the Big C shopping centre on the right (the airport bus goes to the left there, and the road to Kathu and then Patong is to the right from the same intersection), and try to catch a local bus to Patong there, which also passes that intersection. Local buses to Patong are clearly marked in English and in Thai.
Recently Airport bus to Patong town has also started service with fare of 130 Bhats. Bus leave from Airport Bus Terminal every hour.
Airport Bus Express: Travels between airport & Patong, service also include Kata and Karon. The fare to Patong is currently B150 and to Kata and Karon is B200. Tickets can be bought from the driver.
The first bus will be outside the old main passenger terminal at Phuket International Airport at about 7:30am so to serve passengers arriving on the early flights. The bus will be parked at bus stop at the northern end of the terminal. Just follow the signs; as you exit the terminal, turn left and walk to the end of the building – bus will be there. Buses are cream-coloured with blue stripes. There is another bus service called “Airport Bus” that uses orange buses. These buses go to Phuket Town. If you take this bus, you will need to catch another bus in Phuket Town to take you to Patong. Please note that the bus will depart once it is full.
Don’t worry, though, buses depart Phuket Airport every hour. If you are in a hurry, it may be best to take a taxi from the airport. Same advise to people who are carrying a lot of luggage with them.
If there are not enough passengers to justify using full-size bus, they use a minivan instead. They have three minivans that are used during the “low season” (May-October) to help reduce the cost of fuel for buses.
The first bus will leave the airport at about 8am and last bus departs at 8pm. When you get on the bus, you must tell the driver where your hotel is. The driver will drop you off at your hotel if possible.
However, if your hotel is on a steep hill that bus will not be able to climb, you can travel in one of minivans for convenience and safety. Don’t worry, the fare is the same. Passengers can get off the bus (or minivan) at several locations en route to Patong, Kata and Karon. However, the bus or van will not pick up any passengers en route. The drop-off locations include Phuket International Airport, Muangmai, Thalang, Heroines Monument, Boat Lagoon,
Tesco (bypass road), the See Kor Intersection (near the Caltex petrol station) in Kathu, and at Jungceylon in Patong (bus stops on Phang Muang Sai Kor Rd). In Patong, they use Jungceylon as main “terminal” for buses returning to
Phuket Airport. If you want to use service from Kata or Karon, please call them and we can pick you up. Likewise, if you are staying in Patong, just call them and they will pick you up if possible. Unfortunately, thrie website is no longer operating and company currently does not have a contact email address, so it is best to contact directly for the latest information. For more details or to book tickets in advance, or call at 076-328291 or 084-0652122. Main office is near the Bangkok Bank branch on Phang Muang Sai Kor Rd in Patong, near Nanai Soi 8, but many foreigners have trouble finding office, so I strongly recommend you just call themPhuket Airport bus still running to Patong.
Regular buses connect to Phuket Town (30 baht, 30–45 minutes) every 30 minutes or so between 07:00 and 18:00. The route starts from the southern end of the beach, after which the bus crawls through town (via Bangla Road), stopping to pick up passengers, before finally heading off across the hills, and going via Kathu, then passing near Big C before entering the Phuket Town.
In Phuket Town, those songteows (2/3 bench pickup trucks) are usually waiting for passengers near the local market (1.5km west of the Phuket bus station). (see Phuket Town for how to get around the bus stations and find the local transport)
As of 2013, these songteows now start from the bus station (number one), and then go to the market to collect a full load before proceeding. Will cost an extra B10. There is also a bus, which travels the same route.
If you're coming by public bus from other areas in Thailand (like Bangkok or Surat Thani), you will end up at the new number two bus station. It could cost a fortune to get to the beaches from here, so look at Phuket Town for how to do it cheaper via the old number one bus station.
If you walk out of the bus station and try to get the pink bus you can go to Phuket Town see Phuket_Town for more details and information.
A Phuket Airport Express shuttle bus links Phuket International Airport with Patong Beach without the need to change in Phuket Town. A single ticket which you buy onboard costs 150 Baht and the service runs every 45 minutes commencing at 08:00 daily. The journey takes approximately 90 minutes to complete. The last bus leaves at 20:00.
The return journey from Patong to the airport commences at 08:00 with the last bus leaving at 19:00.
The route runs via Muangmai, Thalang, Lotus Thalang, Monument, Boat Lagoon, Lotus Bypass and Kathu to Patong Beach and terminates at Banzaan Market which is located at the rear of the Jungceylon Shopping Mall.
The additional journey time compared with a taxi to Patong which takes about 40 minutes may be of interest to travellers arriving on early morning flights who are unable to check-in to hotels until early afternoon and want something to do to while away the time.
There are also plans to extend the destinations to both Kata and Karon at a later date subject to sufficient interest in the service.
By private car or van
Major rental car brands operate out of Phuket International Airport and some have additional branches in Phuket town. Consider renting a car during your visit if you plan to explore the island as taxi prices, unlike Bangkok, can be very high (eg 400-500 THB between major commercial areas). Car rentals, especially if booked in advanced, can offer significant savings, if you are confident enough to self-drive. Roads are well maintained in Phuket. Extra caution is needed to adjust to local driving habits and sharing the road with motorcycles and tuk-tuks.
Phuket Connect Transfers  ( [email protected] ) By Local Diver. Transfers by private car and van from any place in patong beach to any place around phuket. Available 24/7. You can arrange in advance and tell them to prepare a baby seat for kid free.
Phuket Transfer  ( [email protected] ) Taxi and Transfer/ Transport Service from Phuket Airport, Town and Beach to Patong, Kata, Karon,Kamala, Bangtao, Surin, Rawai, Naiharn, Naiyang, Mai Khao and nearby destination.
Limousine usually refers to a larger sedan or saloon car, such as a Toyota Camry, with leather seats. They cost around 600-700 baht to go to Kata Beach. Considering the drive is about an hour long, this is one of the best options to get to Kata Beach.
Patong can just about be covered on foot, but there are plenty of taxis and motorbikes to get you around. The cost of these is one of the main downsides to Patong as they are unregulated and charge, what they please.
Phuket has two types of taxi: a multitude of small songthaew-style minivans which are usually bright red or occasionally bright yellow, and very few conventional sedan-style taxis which are yellow and red, with a "TAXI-METER" sign on top.
The minivans have no meter, and their drivers are notoriously mercenary, so always agree a price beforehand and do bargain hard. Short hops typically cost 200 baht since the one-way system was implemented.
For longer distances the metered taxis are generally more suitable.
Motorbike taxi rides within Patong start around 40 baht, though for any lengthy distance you might find it hard to get a ride for less than 100 baht.
TukTuks are abundant, but prices begin to add up for anyone staying longer than a day or two. If you plan on travelling around Phuket it may be cheaper in the long run to rent a car.
Scooter rentals from THB 200 per day. Must have a motorcycle licence (with international licence) and helmet laws apply. Do not leave a passport as collateral. Most motor cycle renter should accept a copy of your passport.
Two of Patong's main and longest street are on way street and run the full length of the beach. This can cause long delays in travelling relatively short distances and increase taxi fares. Thaweewong Road and Rhat U Thit Road. The beach Road and second road.
- Bangla Road. Its the center attraction of Patong. There are may side roads and alleys which are good for cheap, relaxing drinks and nice food. You may get Thai food and beer. There is also a night food market connect to Bangla Rd serving amazing sea food.
- Kalim Viewpoint. 30 Phra Baramee Soi 7, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150  Walking paths
- Robinson Wells. Soi 7, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, tel.+6676341421
- Tsunami Memorial Park. 75/2 Rim Hat Rd, Kamala, Kathu District, Phuket 83120
There are many types of beaches on Phuket, if one wants unspoiled and natural then Patong is not your kind of place, but there are many unspoiled beaches in the north and south of this beautiful island. Patong is for those of you who like a developed resort with a wonderful night life.
- Kalim Beach (หาดกะหลิม Hat Kalim). Just north of Patong Bay, starting from about the Novotel Phuket Resort Patong to Thavorn Beach Village, this area consists of rocky but quiet beaches, and an interesting road leading up into hills with high viewpoints and a few good quality restaurants perched on the edge and top. Some housing compounds are now being built on the hillsides and the whole area is steadily moving upmarket. edit
- Paradise beach. It offers the first daily and the biggest beach party on the island, with spectacular international DJ concerts for Full moon, Half moon. edit
- Paradise Beach (พาราไดซ์ บีช Hat Paradise), (Drive South from the Patong Southern Beach Road intersection. Up the bridge, then left. About 5km to Paradise Beach at the very end of the road. The drive goes over hills and through Rainforest to a small road that goes up, then down into paradise Beach.). 09:00-16:30. On the very tip of South Patong Bay, Paradise Beach has clear blue water and powdery sand. The views are fantastic and the snorkeling is great. There are beach chairs included with the admission and also very clean toilets and showers. The restaurant serves Thai and Western food. edit
- Simon Cabaret, 8 Sirirach Road. Patong Beach, Kathu, ☎ +66 76 342011-5, . 3 times daily: 18:00, 19:45, and 21:30. Set designs are outstanding, costumes extravagant and the performers glamorous! Luxurious and intimate theatre with hi-tech sound and lighting equipment. International show featuring modern and traditional acts from around the globe in English and other languages. edit
As with motorbikes, there is a well-known and notorious scam where tourists are falsely accused of damaging the jet skis and extorted out of huge sums of money (many tens of thousands of baht). The general consensus seems to be that to stay safe you should *not* rent a jet ski in Thailand. There is no insurance if you insist on renting a jet-ski.
Massage and spa
- Let's Relax Spa, 209/22-24 Rat U Thid Rd, 076 346880, and 184/14 Phong Muang Soi Kor Rd, 076 366800, . Has two spas here. edit
- So Thai Spa, 34/125 Building 3 The Ashlee Plaza, Prachanukroh Rd, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 91 568 8876, . 10:00-22:00. The focus is on total relaxation and they specialize in spa packages for 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours and 5 hours. More expensive than an average massage shop but they have some reasonable promotions on spa packages. edit
Snorkelling and scuba diving
- All4Diving, 169/14 Soi Sansabai - Patong Beach (close to Jungceylon.), ☎ +66 76 344611 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 343 015), . 10AM-10PM. a complete PADI 5 Star Career Development Scuba Diving Center and IDC. Provides day trips and PADI scuba diving courses, from beginner to professional level of instructor, to Ko Racha and Ko Phi Phi islands. They are Liveaboard specialists to Similan Islands and Bali, having their own fleet - M/V Mermaid's (7.89304,98.29878) edit
- Aloha Diving - Scuba Diving in Phuket, 86/59, Rawai, Muang, Phuket 83100, . Snorkeling and scuba diving, gear rental, Speedboat tours, and information. edit
- Diving (Phuket Dive Shop), Patong Beach 31 Soi Bangla Phuket, Pa Tong, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 887 687 869 ([email protected]), . Liveaboard at Phuket. PADI Scuba and IDC Courses. Scuba & Snorkelling for the whole family. On-line bookings 10% discount. edit
- Sea Fun Divers Scuba Diving Patong Beach Phuket Office, 23/1 Ratuthit Road 200, Patong Beach, Kathu, Phuket 83150, . Best diving in the Phuket. edit
- Thailand Divers, . Day trips to Ko Racha Yai for either scuba diving or snorkelling. A full day trip can provide amazing scenery both above and below the surface. Trips are available daily, all year round. edit
- Day trip to various islands. Every tour shop can sell you many types of tours and also ferry ticket to Phi Phi islands. edit
- Motorbike tours (Motorbike Rental Phuket), 195-7 Soi Phrabaramee, Pa Tong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 871 889 047, . edit
- Golf (Loch Palm Golf Club), Thailand Kathu, Kathu District, Phuket 83120, ☎ +66 818 936 302. edit
- Green Mountain Adventure, Unnamed Road, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket, ☎ +66 966 340 394. edit
- Hiking. The Hidden Rock Ponds at Kamala. edit
- Patong Language School, 5/11-12 Had Patong Road (two minutes walk from the beach), ☎ +66 76 340373, . M-F 09:00-19:00, Sa 10:00-16:00. Great school! Teaches languages (Thai, English, German, and Japanese. Rates depend on group or private and length of study). Approved by the Thai Ministry of Education, accredited by CSN Sweden, and Bildungsurlaub Germany. edit
One of Patong's main attractions, besides the night life, is shopping. Patong Beach transforms into a large night bazaar every evening, when all the main roads become clogged with stalls selling handicrafts, silk scarves, sarongs and a variety of beach clothes, leisure wear, leather goods and luggage, CDs, etc. Bargain hard for anything you buy from these stalls, as everything is negotiable in Patong and starting prices are often ridiculously high.
Fake goods from the many stalls are all over the place, and normally of poor quality. The Thai government recently introduced a new law making it a criminal offence to buy or sell pirated goods. Although no cases involving tourists have been reported the risk does exist that goods that violate intellectual property rights may be liable to confiscation at the airport.
- Jungceylon (จังซีลอน), 181 Rat-U-Thit Road (near the northern end of Bangla Rd), . Patong's first full-fledged modern, air conditioned shopping mall, complete with 200 shops, a Big C supermarket, integrated hotel, etc. The food court in the basement has various types of local food, mostly Indian and Thai. It is a good value commercial canteen in style with tables in the middle and food vendors set into walls around table area. edit
- Ocean Plaza Bangla Patong. Small department store on Bangla Road. edit
- Patong OTOP Shopping Paradise, Rat-U-Thit Road (south end). You might be excused for thinking that this has something to do with the "One Tambon, One Product" scheme to promote local industry, but rather this market sells exactly the same copies of branded clothes and mass-produced handicrafts as everybody else. However, there is a fairly wide selection to choose from. edit
- Jaspal Tailor, (off Bangla Road), . Get a designer-style suit or dress made for comparatively low cost. edit
- Mister Singh's Fashion Gallery, 26/2 Rat-U-Thit Road, Patong Beach, ☎ +66 76 345 037, . 09:30-22:00. One of the most respected names in custom tailored clothing in Thailand. edit
- Exclusive Tailor, Soi Patong Resort, Bangla Rd, . 11:00-23:00. One of the first custom tailors in Phuket. edit
- RK Tailor and Fashions, ☎ +66 76 344543, . 11:00-23:00. An experienced and high quality bespoke tailor. edit
Patong offers an amazingly cosmopolitan array of eating options, including Arabic, French, German, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Scandinavian and many others. By Thai standards the prices are high at about 150 baht for basic meals such as fried rice. Seafood is priced by weight and is not cheap either. There is a good food court at Jungceylon.
- 99 Seafood Restaurant, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Road (opposite the Royal Paradise Hotel). An open-air restaurant that has excellent seafood selections. The prices are fairly low, and the place is usually busy at night. edit
- Ali Baba and Ali Baba 2, 2 Ruamchai Road and 206/17 Rat-U-Thit Road, . These two restaurants have two separate menus for two separate cuisines, namely Indian and Arabic. Both locations offer air-con inside and smoking waterpipes outside. Watch out for the 150 baht portions of rice and tomato-heavy curries which may not be to everyone's taste. edit
- Baan Yin Dee Restaurant, 7/5 Muen Ngen Road, ☎ +66 76 294104 (-5), . Baan Yin Dee offers a fusion of European and Thai food in a warm and relaxed atmosphere, with a discreet ambience and outstanding service. edit
- Baan Rim Pa, Prabaramee Road, ☎ +66 76 340789, . Impressive wooden carving decor, fabulous location on the cliff, excellent Thai Food. edit
- Casablanca Restaurant (ร้านอาหาร คาซาบลังกา), 135/23 Rat-U-Thit Road, ☎ +66 76 340666. Arabian cuisine. edit
- Karlsson's Restaurant & Steak House, Soi Patong Tower, 108/16 Taweewong Road, . 15:00-00:00 daily. A good choice for imported steaks and Scandinavian specialities. edit
- La Diva, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road (is in a dead-end alley off Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee). This restaurant has been closed since over a year. edit
- La Dolce Vita, 18, 241/17, 241, 100 ซอย ราษฎร์อุทิศ 200 ปี 1 Pa Tong, Patong, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 766 02247, . One of the best restaurants in Patong. Prices are a bit higher than other restaurants but you really get what you pay for. Authentic Italian. edit
- Patong Seafood Restaurant, 130 Thaweewong Road, ☎ +66 763 412 445. One of the finest seafood restaurants on Phuket serving local delicacies. edit
- Roma Ristorante & Pizzeria, 124 Thawewong Rd, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, ☎ +6676341330, . Good for imported Italian pasta and pizza, has indoor and outdoor seating. edit
- Sam's Steak House, 52 Thawewong Rd, Pa Tong, Amphoe Kathu, Phuket 83150, . 18:00-22:15 daily. Sam's serves the finest steaks only from top quality Australian and US beef, free salad bar with all steak orders. Moderate to high price depending on the kind of food ordered but good value. edit
- Savoey (เสวย), 136 Thaweewong Rd, ☎ +66 76 341171, . One of the better seafood restaurants in Patong. edit
- SK Restaurant (SK Residence), 12 Soi Nanai 2, Nanai Rd, ☎ 076512462. 8am -7pm. The SK Restaurant specialises in South African "Rooibos Tea" with exotic blends such as Rooibos with Watermelon & Mint, Cranberry & Pomegranate, Lemon, Chamomile, Ginger and Honey, or traditional Black Tea infused with Lavender & Chamomile, Ginger & Lemongrass and Chocolate Pieces & Cocoa amongst others. edit
Patong's nightlife spills out in all directions but the centre of the maelstrom is Bangla Road and its four sois - Crocodile, Eric, Gonzo, and Seadragon, packed with a frenetic mix of pubs, beer bars, and go-go bars. Soi Crocodile is also known as Soi Katoey, a reference to its many transexuals; at the end of this soi is the Moulin Rose Ladyboy Cabaret bar (free entry but drinks arre 300 baht) and it is these ladyboys who pose for photos at the entrance to the soi. There are also a couple of good nightclubs with dance floors, a rarity in Thailand.
Bangla Road is populated with curious voyeurs and sex tourists; roughly speaking the bars on the South side of Bangla Road are known as Beer Bars whereas those on the Northside and the sois along there are girlie bars where hostesses offer more than drinks service.
- Irish Bar, 25 205 Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 803 104 388. Sports bar. Another nice and less expensive place, though not with a view of the beach. One of the only places in Patong to sell Guinness, it also has a Celtic cross made with Guinness cans. edit
- Komma Pub & Restaurant, 20 Thawewong Rd, Pa Tong, Amphoe Kathu, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 763 44304. edit
- Little Aussie Town Aussie Bar, OTOP Shopping Paradise, Rat-U-Thit 200 Year Road, Patong Beach. edit
- Molly’s Tavern Irish Bar & Restaurant, 94, 1 Thawewong Rd, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 869 116 194, . A nice place to sit down and have a decent pint or two. The prices are a bit high, but if you need some good pub food and want to sit back and watch the human traffic plus the great music band, this is a good enough pub. edit
- The Surface Restaurant & Bar, 39 Taweewong Road, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 763 44241, . edit
Phuket is the perfect destination to host or join a boat party. There are many islands to cruise around and many boats are available for charter for a large boat party. You can charter your own boat and crew and bring your own booze, or join one of the regular boat parties that regularly cruise daily.
- Klook Boat Club by Andaman Passion, 59/47 ตำบล กะทู้ Kathu, Kathu District, Phuket 83120, Thailand, ☎ +66 76 390 577, . Luxury Catamaran boat party that has a regular daytime schedule of island hopping and a sunset dance party with a more lounge atmosphere. Bar and DJ on board. VIP Day Beds can also be rented on board for extra. edit
- Soi Paradise, just North of Bangla Road is the world famous gay area known as Soi Paradise. Many of these bars on the soi leading up to Paradise Hotel (where the soi takes it name) will have cabaret shows featuring ladyboys and transvestites. Most of the bars will close at 2am and anyone wanting to continue the party will head to Boat Bar. Every April there is a Gay Pride week that culminates on the final day in a parade from Beach Road to Soi Paradise where all the bar staff and customers dress up like peacocks - a sight to behold if you're in town.
- Hollywood Phuket, 7 Thanon Bangla, Pa Tong, อำเภอ กระทู้ Phuket 83150, . Popular bar and a lot of young tourists. Plays dance and contemporary pop music, unfortunately not over the best sound system. edit
- TaiPan Entertainment and Hotel, 165 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Pa Tong, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 966 395 975, . Nightclub is always very busy. edit
Accommodation is rather expensive during the peak season with simple air-con rooms ranging from 500-1,500 baht; fan rooms start around 300 baht but availability is limited. In the low season, air-con rooms are easily found from around 300 baht and up. You can usually get a better deal for the more expensive rooms by using one of the local travel shops. It pays to haggle with them.
One thing to be aware of in Thailand is the frequent misuse of the terms "Resort" and "Boutique Hotel". Unscrupulous hoteliers have no qualms about describing a backpackers hostel as a "boutique hotel" or a "resort" if the description serves to attract business.
Significant savings can also be made by booking via an hotel's own site rather than through online booking agencies. The latter tend to post vastly inflated prices on their sites which they then 'discount' to give the impression that they're offering huge savings on the 'normal rate'. However, the opposite is the case because in Thailand at least, the commission which they earn is added to the room rate resulting in considerable price increases compared with those offered by the hotel's own site.
- Andatel Grande Patong Phuket Hotel (Andatel Grande Patong Phuket Hotel), 41/9, 200 ซอย ราษฎร์อุทิศ 200 ปี 1 Pa Tong, Phuket, 83150, Thailand (3 minutes walk to beach), ☎ +66 76 290 482, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Located a 3-minute walk to Patong Beach, Andatel Grande Patong Phuket Hotel offers free Wi-Fi throughout the property. Boasting stylish accommodation with a private balcony overlooking 2 swimming pools, the hotel provides free parking on-site. The hotel is a 7-minute walk to Bangla Road, Jungceylon shopping centre and Bangla Boxing Stadium. Kamala Beach and Kata Beach are a 15-minute ride away. Phuket International Airport can be reached within a 45-minute drive from the hotel. Rooms at Andatel Grande are furnished with contemporary decor. Each room is fitted with a 40-inch internet smart TV, a minibar and a safety deposit box. Free toiletries and a hairdryer are included in an en suite bathroom. (7.901701,98.300764) edit
- Baan Boa Resort, 16 Taweewong Rd., Kathu, Phuket Patong Beach, Phuket Province 83150 Thailand, ☎ +66 76292869, . Set in Patong Beach, 900 metres from Phuket Simon Cabaret, Baan Boa Resort boasts a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. All rooms have a private bathroom. Extras include bath robes and slippers. You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property. The hotel also offers car hire. Jungceylon Shopping Center is 1 km from Baan Boa Resort, while Bangla Road is 1 km from the property. The nearest airport is Phuket International Airport, 25 km from the property. edit
- Balcony Hostel, 34/23 Prachanukroh rd. (Directions: When you arrive to Patong from Kathu, you along to Rat-U-Thit road you should turn left at end of Rat-U-Thit road, than when you reach next intersection you will see our building on right hand at the corner of intersection.), ☎ +66 76 344370. Brand new hostel 5 minute walk from the beach. This is the better part of town away from the noise of the party scene, but still close enough to walk to all the bars. Nice 4 bedrooms dorms and private rooms with AC. Nice friendly staff and secure with lockers. Live premier league, excellent Wi-Fi. edit
- Bauman Ville Hotel, 158/8 Nanai Rd, Patong Beach, (Nanai 7 - opposite big 7eleven), ☎ +66 76 512 141-5 ([email protected]). checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Very comfortable rooms and probably the largest in Patong. Great and large bed, nice balcony and view. Free Wi-Fi, swimming pool. Rent a Motorbike and explore the Island. Every nationality or sexuality welcome. edit
- Grand Mercure Phuket Patong (Grand Mercure Phuket Patong), 1 Soi Ratuthit 200 Pi 2 Road – Patong Beach Kathu District 83150 Phuket, ☎ +66 76 231 999, . An upscale beach resort that is walking distance from Phuket's night-life and other local attractions. edit
- Mirage Express Patong Phuket Hotel (Mirage Patong, Phuket Hotel), 184/25-28 Phangmuang Sai Kor Road, Patong, Phuket 83150 Thailand (Across Junceylon Shopping Mall), ☎ +66 7-651-0961, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Opt for the modern and central Mirage Patong, sets across from the famous street of Sansabai. The Mirage is just a minute walk from Junceylon Shopping Mall, the Bangla Boxing Stadium and just a stroll away from the famous Bangla Walking Street. Situated 45 minutes away from Phuket international airport, we offer excellent choice of quality accommodation at great value. All our rooms are equipped with HD LED TV, free high speed internet service and basic guest amenities. Mirage rooftop features swimming pool, bar and sun lounge. Here guests can enjoy a nice relaxing sun bath while sipping on drinks. The rooftop offers a glimpse of famous Patong beach and most of Bangla Boxing Stadium. (7.891947,98.301576) edit
- Art @ Patong, 158 Sai 3 Road, Pa Tong, Amphoe Kathu, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 0 76 32 31 28 ([email protected]), . 173 Serviced apartments, located in the heart of Patong. Shopping, food and the beach are all within walking distance. The apartments are compact and modern with fully-equipped kitchen, available for short and long term stays. Also features a swimming pool, lounge area and fitness facilities. edit
- Bodega Phuket Party Hostel, 189/3 Rat-U-Thit Patong, Phuket 83150, ☎ + 66 7660 2191 ([email protected]), . Bodega is a relaxed and vibey hostel, music cafe and gallery in the heart of bustling Patong. edit
- Hotel Orchid Residence, 171/22 Soi Sansabai Road, Patong Beach,, ☎ +66 76 345176, . air-con, TV, DVD, Wi-Fi. 100 m to nightlife on Bangla Rd. edit
- Hotel Swiss Garden, 169/ 20 Soi Sansabai, Pa Tong, Amphoe Kathu, Phuket 83150 (100 m to Bangla Road nightlife), ☎ +66 76 345176 (fax: +66 76 345177), . edit
- Patong Palmview Resort, 135/1 Nanai Road, ☎ +66 76 344 837, . 20 spacious rooms on the lower slopes of the mountains of Patong Beach Bay. 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. Hotel swimming pool. edit
- Patong Sunbeach Hotel, 207/4 Soi 6 Nanai Road Patong Beach, ☎ +66 76 292912, . 16 rooms and 2 big apartments, all of which have balcony, air-conditioner, cable TV, DVD player and mini bar. Jacuzzi/bath in the tropical garden, Internet kiosk in the bar. Airport transfers. edit
- Tanawan Phuket Hotel, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 76 322850-1 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 322852). checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. 5 minute drive from Patong Beach and Jungceylon Shopping Mall. Has a fitness centre, sauna and non-smoking rooms with a 32-inch flat-screen TV. Free Wi-Fi and free parking. edit
- The Grand Orchid Inn, Taweewong Road Phuket Kathu District, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 766 03774, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. 50m from Patong Beach and not far from to the entertainment centre at Bangla Road. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, air-con, mini-bar, satellite TV, complimentary bottled water and free beach towel use. Under new management. edit
- Amici Miei Hotel, Soi Banzaan 74/38,, ☎ +66 763 90630, . Clean & stylish rooms. Located only 1 min. from the main shopping mall, but that means also at the far end of things from the beaches, so expect a ~20 min. walk. Street-side rooms can be noisy. edit
- C & N Resort and Spa, 3 ถนนศิริราช Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150 (on its own soi about 50 m from the corner of Bangla Road), ☎ +66 76 341 892 (fax: +66 76 341 895), . Four storey hotel with friendly management. Double glazed at the front, but not at the rear of the building. Has its own massage parlour, restaurant and beauty salon in addition to free overnight parking facilities. Complimentary free airport transfer for bookings of three days or more. edit
- Casa Del M Resort, 14/8 soi prabaramee 3 prabramee road patong Kathu Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 76 342308-10, . tropical boutique retreat equipped with latest innovations in Patong travel industry edit
- Yorkshire Inn, . Nice people and great rooms and suites edit
- KN Guesthouse, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150 (off Ratuthid Road on Soi Jintana, near the Paradise complex), ☎ +66 76 294151. Swimming pool and restaurant. Squeaky clean and great hosts. edit
- MyPatong GuestHouse-Hostel, 53/15 Soi Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong Beach., ☎ +66 076 345 171 ([email protected]), . The yellow, orange, blue fresh painted building called myPatong is the best spot, if you plan a visit in Patong, just crawling distance from Bangla street. edit
- Patong Inn Art, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket, ☎ +66 942 939 551. edit
- Patong Lodge Hotel, 284/1 Prabaramee Road, ☎ +66 76 341 020, . On a hill between the end of Patong and Kalim beaches, overlooking the Andaman Sea. Walking distance to the beach, 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. edit
- Patong Mansion Hotel, 29/1 Soi Prasertsub 1, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 872 838 447, . edit
- Patong Palmview Resort, 135/1 Nanai Road, ☎ +66 76 344837, . 20 spacious rooms in the foothills of Patong, 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. Swimming pool and relaxation area. edit
- Phuvaree Resort, 20/45-49 Siriraj Road, ☎ +66(0) 76 294 099, . All rooms have air conditioning, refrigerator, balcony, LCD TV, IDD telephone, mini bar, safety box and WI-FI internet. Some of its facilities and services are Varee swimming pool, exercise room, bar, Chomvaree restaurant, baby sitting, free shuttle bus from hotel to Patong Beach, internet service, money exchange, medical on call service, room service and airport transportation. edit
- Sensive Hill Villas, 79/67 Moo 6, Kathu, ☎ +66 76 203012, . air-con rooms, bathroom with shower, cable TV, mini-bar, Internet, telephone, radio, hair dryer, safe and daily breakfast. Restaurant, bar, 2 outdoor swimming pools, fitness room and parking. edit
- Silver Resortel, 3/37 Sawadirak Road, ☎ +66 76 341200, +66 76 341201 ([email protected]), . The rooms are decorated in Asian and Lanna style. edit
- The Ashlee Plaza Patong Hotel & Spa, 34/50-57 Prachanukhro Rd, Pa Tong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150 (walking distance to Patong Beach), ☎ +66 76 358100 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 358199), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: noon. Location is good, a short walk to Patong beach, 248 rooms hotel with roof-top swimming pools, a restaurant, bistro cafe serving local and international food. Bar lounge and a gym. edit
- The Haven Lagoon Condominium, 6, 59 Sirirat Rd, Tambon Patong, Kathu District, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 763 37500. Apartments for rent edit
- Amari Phuket (อมารี ภูเก็ต), 2 Meun-Ngern Road Pa Tong, Amphoe Kathu, Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 763 40106 (fax: +66 76 340115), . The only resort up on the small hill at the east end of Patong Beach away from the noise of the town. Very peaceful. Nice staff. edit
- Andaman Beach Suites Hotel (อันดามัน บีช สวีท), 60/12 Rat-Uthit Rd, ☎ +66 76 341879-83 (fax: +66 76 340893), . 91 rooms edit
- Baan Paradise, . Set around a stunning infinity edge pool, with 180 degree panoramic views of Patong Bay, Baan Paradise villa is surely one of the finest villas in Phuket. edit
- Burasari, 18/110 Ruamjai Rd, ☎ +66 76 292929, . Boutique resort in a quiet soi on the south side of Patong. 15 m from the beach. Swimming pool, deluxe pool access rooms. edit
- Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, 43/2 Raj-U-Thid 200 Pee Rd, ☎ +66 76 341414-5, . On 12 acres of tropical gardens on Patong Beach. 45 minutes from Phuket International Airport and a 10 minute walk to Patong beach. edit
- Diamond Cliff Resort, 284 Prabaramee Rd (north end of Patong on the hillside above the town), ☎ +66 76 340501-6, . Views of Kalim Beach. 333 rooms and suites in 20 acres of gardens, all with private balconies. edit
- Holiday Inn Resort, . 30 min from Phuket town in its own grounds and near Patong Beach. 265-room main wing or 140 studio and villa rooms in the Busakorn wing with 2 swimming pools. edit
- Impiana Phuket Cabana, 41 Taweewongse Rd, ☎ +66 76 340138, . Boutique resort at Patong Beach. 70 rooms with full services and amenities. edit
- Novotel Phuket, . Next to the Diamond Cliff with views over Patong Beach and the sea. 6 restaurants including the "Old Fisherman" seafood restaurant. 215 rooms. edit
- Royal Phawadee Village, 3 Sawatdirak Road., ☎ +66 76 344622 ([email protected]), . Thai-style pavilions are placed strategically throughout the resort leaving pleasant open green spaces. edit
- The Par Phuket, 91/155 Vichitsongkram Rd, Moo 7, Kathu, ☎ +66 76 510960-62, . Rooms equipped with air conditioning, refrigerator, shower, telephone, satellite TV, private balcony, safety deposit box, hot and cold water. Swimming pool, spa, parking area, restaurant, bar, room service, free Wi-Fi, complimentary shuttle bus to Patong, laundry and dry cleaning service. edit
At the beach and some bars some people may offer you to take your photograph with animals, even baby animals, in exchange for money. Please remember that the most likely way (and many times the only way) these babies were acquired were by poachers killing the mothers, or the entire family. Endorsing this practice only leads to more demand, and more killing. Moreover, some of the species used are endangered and protected under Thai law, which makes the possession and abuse of many of these animals illegal.
- Kamala — next beach to the north
- Karon — next beach to the south
- Khao Lak — two hours to the north, well-regarded for its diving opportunities
- Ko Phi Phi — are a popular day trip via tour packages
- Phuket Town
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!