Anilao is in Batangas.
- Going through Batangas City is the easiest way. It is 2 1/2 hours south of Manila.
- Travelers can take air-conditioned buses going to Batangas City Grand Terminal. Board a CERES Bus Liner or DLTB bus from the Buendia bus terminal near Taft (LTR Gil Puyat; 157 pesos) DLTB also has a terminal at Pasay Bus Station. These buses do not go to Batangas City.
- Travelers going to Puerto Galera can take direct air con buses from Manila (Cubao) to Batangas pier. The best services are BLTB (every hour) and JAM transit (also every hour) from Kamuning Cubao bus station or Buendia bus terminal (LTR Gil Puyat; 157 pesos). Sometimes, especially during peak hours, buses run every 30 minutes. The first stop will be the Grand Terminal in Batangas. The last stop is Batangas pier. Exit the bus at the Grand Terminal and walk towards the Restroom sign. There will be Jeepneys going to Mabini. 35 pesos, about 45 minutes. Tell the conductor to drop you off at the crossroads. From there, take a tricyle to Anilao. The foreigner rate is 35 pesos, but they will quote you at least 60 pesos.
- When driving one's own vehicle to Tanauan-Lipa-Batangas City, travelers will pass through the South Luzon Expressway, then the STAR Tollway and can just follow the directional signs along the highway.
- For short trips in the desired destinations, passenger jeepneys abound, and then tricycles.
- Scuba diving: this is the main reason why everyone comes to Anilao
- Freediving: This activity has been growing drastically in recent years and a few professional freediving services are available in and around Ailao.
- Freediving Nomads PH: AIDA freediving courses on all levels held on north side Anilao.
- Manu Manu Freediving: AIDA courses in Anilao
- Planet Dive San Teodoro, Mabini, Batangas (TIN-005-791-034): A diving resort at the end of Anilao. Possibility or unlimited shore dive from their shore. For those not staying at the resort, it's possible to come and enjoy the facilities and snorkel in front (the area is quite pleasant, corals and fish are present everywhere) for 450 PhP/pers.
- Mt. Gulugod Baboy Hiking Trail: Trailhead starts at PhilPan Dive Resort, south of Anilao. 70 minute hike up. Somewhat steep. Register and pay 50 pesos at the Hilary Store. From Anilao, the tricycle rate for foreigners is 80 pesos. The quote will start from 100-150 pesos.
- ScubaBro, Solo, ☎ (02) 9844517, . Their resort in Anilao, Batangas offer rooms equipped with air conditioning, hot and cold showers, sundeck and bar. Some of its facilities and services are function room, restaurant, bar, infinity swimming pool, sundeck, massage services, scuba diving, kayaking, snorkeling, island hopping and wind surfing. Rates start at PHP 3,300.00. edit
- Anilao Dive Inn (formerly Anilao Backpackers), Solo, ☎ (+63) 9995258996. The Inn is in Anilao, Batangas and offers rooms equipped with air conditioning, cold showers, bamboo deck, and bunk beds (dorm style). Simple rooms and comfort (upstairs rooms have an open roof, no mosquito protection, and noise from passing traffic is loud) Rates start at PHP 500-2000. edit
Take a tricycle to the Mabini crossroads (35-40 Pesos, 3 KM). Jeepenys will take you to Batangas City (30 Pesos) but not all of them go to the Grand Terminal. Tell the conductor Diversion Flyover. Exit and walk under the overpass and cross the street to your left. There will be another Jeepney that will take you to the Grand Terminal (8 Pesos).