Andover is a town in Massachusetts, situated at the crossroads of I-495 and I-93 in the heart of the Merrimack Valley. Andover is bordered by Dracut, Lawrence, Methuen, North Andover, North Reading, Tewksbury, and Wilmington.
The closest major airports to Andover are Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS) and Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) in New Hampshire. Nearby Lawrence Municipal Airport does not serve major carriers.
- Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) operates the Commuter Rail with stops in Andover (17 Railroad Street, Andover) and Ballardvale (195 Andover Street, Andover). Trains run outbound to Haverhill with stops in Lawrence and Bradford and inbound to Boston with stops in North Wilmington, Reading, Wakefield, Greenwood, Melrose Highlands, Cedar Park, Wyoming Hill, and Malden. Transfer at the Malden stop to access the Orange Line's Malden Center subway stop.
- Addison Gallery of American Art, 180 Main Street at Phillips Academy, .
- Andover Historical Society, 97 Main Street
- Robert S. Peabody Museum, 175 Main Street, . Repository of Native American archaeology.
- Also, the headstone and final resting place of Harriet Elizabeth Beecher Stowe, author of Uncle Tom's Cabin, is located in Academy Cemetery.
Andover features many walking trails, spanning approximately 1,100 acres of reservation land maintained by AVIS, one of the oldest conservation societies in the United States. Additionally, the Andover Bird Sanctuary, officially titled the Moncrieff Cochran Sanctuary, features pathways lined with several rhododendron species, mountain laurel, white pines, hemlocks, larch, oaks, and hickories.
- J. Everett Collins Center For the Performing Arts, 100 Shawsheen Road (Attached to Andover High School), . An auditorium where groups of all ages sing, dance, act, and more. Local schools hold plays and performances here, as well as anyone willing to rent the space out for personal use. Past performers include Martin Johnson of Boys Like Girls, and Sesame Street Live. edit
- Andover Country Club, 60 Canterbury Street, . The Andover Country Club is an 18-hole regulation length golf course. This medium-length layout features 4 sets of teeboxes for golfers of all skill levels. edit
- Harold Parker State Forest (Lorraine Park), 133 Jenkins Road, . Late May - Early September. A campground containing 89 campsites. Each site is equipped with a picnic table and grill. No electric or water hookups are available, however the public bathrooms have hot water showers. edit
- Penguin Park, Burnham Road (East of 133 and Rt. 28 Junction). Family walking through fields to the Shawsheen River. Trail follows the shore of the river to the woods. Picnicking and a toddlers' playground is also located here. edit
- Andovers' Farmers Market, 97 Main Street, . Saturdays: June 25th-October 8th. 12:30-3:30 PM. An outdoor market, where you can purchase vegetables, baked goods, and other crafted items on a weekly basis edit
- Andover Skatepark, 80 Shawsheen Road (On the lot of West Middle School and Andover High School), . School Hours: Tuesday-Friday: 3pm to 7PM. Saturday/Sunday: 12pm-7pm. Closed Mondays. Summer Hours: Tuesday-Sunday: 12PM-7:30PM. Closed Mondays. A town run facility that is run by the Andover Youth Services. $5 per skater. edit
- Pomps Pond, Abbot Street (Part of the Recreation Park Complex), ☎ (978) 623-8274., . The pond area contains a sunbathing area, recreational swimming, shaded picnic grounds, children's playground area including: a volleyball net, boat rentals, bathrooms, showers, and a concession stand. Red Cross certified swim lessons, lifeguard training, and afternoon and evening sailing lessons are offered to the community. edit
- The Bombay Sapphire Distillery, London Road, Whitchurch (10 mi east of the city centre; grid reference SU49171 48646), telephone +441256 890090. The Bombay Sapphire Distillery is based at Laverstoke Mill, a converted Victorian paper mill in the sleepy village of Laverstoke in rural Hampshire. For over 225 years, the Victorian and Georgian buildings set astride the crystal clear river test produced bank note paper for the Bank of England and the British Empire. Now, Laverstoke Mill is a state-of-the-art sustainable distillery which produces every single drop of Bombay Sapphire Gin. The distillery offers self-discovery and hosted tours, and cocktail masterclasses. All bookings must be made online www.distillery.bombaysapphire.com.
- Andover Bookstore, 89R Main Street, . A three-level cozy independent bookstore covering many genres of work. Sit on the couch by the fire in winter to warm yourself over your reading selection.
- Andovers Gift Shop, 4 Main Street.
- Izzy's Emporium, 21 Barnard Street (Behind Old Town Hall), ☎ 978.475.0194, . Women's designer discount clothing and accessories. edit
- Royal Jewelers, 58 Main Street, ☎ 978-475-3330, . An independent retail jewelry store offering designer jewelry and Swiss timepieces. edit
- Learning Express, 32 Park Street, ☎ 978-474-0555, . An educational toy store for kids of all ages. Has hands-on sample toys that children can play with while exploring the store. edit
- First Date Boutique, 1 Main Street Suite 203, ☎ (978)-247-8999, . An upscale clothing store in the heart of downtown Andover, Massachusetts. Trendy clothes for girls of all ages. Casual and dressy attire can be found here. edit
While Andover and the surrounding area host a number of cafes and restaurants, including chains such as Dunkin' Donuts, McDonald's, Bertucci's, Starbucks, and the Ninety Nine, there are several dining locations that provide a more personal taste of the town.
- Depot House of Pizza, 53 Essex Street, near the Andover train station serves Greek-style pizza and sandwiches.
- King's Subs & Pizza, 11 Bartlet Street.
- Lantern Brunch, 89 Main Street, features a simple menu and longtime mainstay.
- Perfecto's Caffe, 79 N. Main Street, serves coffee, muffins, bagels, salads, sandwiches, and wraps.
- Shawsheen Luncheonette, 3 Lowell Street, employs countless high school students and serves breakfasts and lunches.
- Sweet Basil, 209 N. Main Street, is Andover's only Thai restaurant.
- Spinners Pizza Parlor, 195 Andover St, is a family-friendly restaurant offering the best in homemade, mouthwatering pizza and sub sandwiches.
- Casa Blanca, 10 Main Street, ☎ (978) 289-4165, . Mon-Thu,Sun 11am-10pm; Fri-Sat 11am-11pm. An authentic Mexican Restaurant in the heart of downtown Andover. Upstairs location allows customers to view Main Street from their table. edit
- The Chateau, 131 River Rd, ☎ (978) 687-2442, . Sunday: Open 11:30 AM Monday - Saturday Open 11:15 AM. A family owned Italian restaurant featuring a variety of authentic Italian dishes. Famous for their fried raviolis edit
- Bertucci's, 90 Main Street, ☎ (978) 470-3939, . Famous for their Brick Oven Pizza. Features outdoor seating during Spring, Summer, and Fall months on Main Street. edit
- Peking Garden of Andover, 36 Park Street, ☎ (978) 749-9922, . An eat-in or take-out Chinese, Polynesian, and Mandarin food restaurant. edit
- Ninety-Nine, ☎ (978)-475-8033, . An American chain restaurant and bar. Family friendly, and also date-spot worthy. Food price varies depending on the meal between $12-$17. The bar stays open later than the restaurant, and serves 7 nights a week edit
- Salvatore's, 34 Park Street Andover, MA, ☎ (978) 409-2445, . Monday – Thursday 11AM – 10PM Friday + Saturday 11AM – 11PM Sunday 12PM – 9PM. Italian restaurant. Has a gluten free menu. $$. edit
- Bruegger's Bagels Bakery, 10 Main Street
- Felicia's Bakery Cafe, 63 Park Street
- Dunkin' Donuts, 309 Lowell Street
- Dunkin' Donuts, 139 River Road
- Dunkin' Donuts, 349 North Main Street
- Dunkin' Donuts, 93 Main Street
- Starbucks, 14 Main Street
- Ultimate Perk, 96 Main Street
Andover has a few watering holes:
- Dylan's Bar & Grill, 18 Park Street
- Glory, 19 Essex Street
- Palmers Restaurant & Tavern, 18 Elm Street
- Park Street Pub, 40 Park Street
Most hotels are located immediately off I-93, a few miles from Main Street. Other nearby hotels are located in Tewksbury off I-495. The Andover Inn is the only hotel located downtown.
- Courtyard Boston Andover, 10 Campanelli Dr, ☎ +1 978 794-0700 (fax: +1 978 794-9558), . edit
- Residence Inn Boston Andover, 500 Minuteman Rd, ☎ +1 978 683-0382 (fax: +1 978 683-0384), . edit
- SpringHill Suites Boston Andover, 550 Minuteman Rd, ☎ +1 978'' 688-8200 (fax: +1 978 688-0078), . (42.693522,-71.214448) edit
- Sonesta ES Suites Andover, 4 Techology Drive, +1 978 686-2000, [www.sonesta.com/Andover].
- Andover Inn, Chapel Avenue, .
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston Andover, 4 Riverside Drive, 978 475-6000 
- La Quinta Inn & Suites, 131 River Road.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston-Andover, 123 Old River Road, 978-975-3600.
Andover's Memorial Hall Library provides free wireless internet access for equipped laptops. Otherwise, visitors can register to use one of the public library's desktop computers.
Starbucks, 14 Main Street, charges for wi-fi access on hourly, daily, and monthly rates through their T-Mobile HotSpot.