Amirim is a vegetarian village in the Galilee region of Israel.
The closest airport is Rosh Pina. Bus #501 (not frequent) can take you from there or you will need to take bus 500 and then switch to 361 in Tzoment 7.
You can get to the village on buses #361 (every 30 min or so) or #501 (evenings) from Haifa or Safed. In July/August, the express bus #362 stops in Amirim as well. There are also a few direct busses to/from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem (#962 for only ₪39 as of 2006).
Hitch from Safed south towards Karmiel. From Haifa or Tiberias, get to Tsomet Sheva (Junction 7), then hitch north towards Safed. Amirim is 5 minutes from Tsomet Sheva.
- Mika Karni / Miki Shaviv performs live music concerts at their hometown of Amirim each friday night at 9PM.
- Mini-golf Farod, kibbutz Farod, ☎ 04-6849137, . mini-golf farod is a tourist center with numberous activities, minigolf course for all ages, swiming pool filled with local spring water, paintball shoot. Also ice cream palor serving various desserts and belgium waffles. edit
There are several vegetarian/vegan restaurants in the village.
- El Galil, Mitzpeh Kinneret St, Amirim, ☎ 970525177400. edit
- Bait77, Mitzpeh Menakhem St 77, ☎ 97246980984, . edit
Many families run zimmers. It is advised to reserve in advance for weekend and holiday stays.
- Ohn-Bar Guesthouse, (5th property on the right), ☎ +972-46989803 ([email protected]), . Guesthouse with garden and mountain view. From ₪280. edit
- Campbell Guesthouse, ☎ +972 4 6989045 ([email protected]). Owner Phillip Campbell is a warm and friendly man from London, UK. An old-timer in Amirim, he has his own guestrooms and if full etc he is always willing to help visitors find suitable accommodation within Amirim. edit
- Ahava Glilit (Galilee Love), Amirim, ☎ +972 529126130, . A new, spacious and luxurious cabin, with a double Jacuzzi in the bedroom facing the breathtaking view of the pastoral Galilee. edit