Albertville is a French mountain town located in the Savoie department. It is famous for having held the 1992 Olympic Winter Games.
Albertville is located near 4 International airports:
- Aix les Bains Airport/ Chambéry  (50 km / 0:40)
- Geneva Cointrin Airport  (90 km / 1:30)
- Lyon Saint Exupéry  (139 km / 1:25)
- Grenoble-Isère  (135 km / 1:24)
The railway station is in the city center.
In Winter direct train from London, Paris, Lyon
Also at 40 minutes away from the railway station of Annecy in direction from Mont-Blanc and Geneva.
Regular bus service to :
- Mercury, Savoie small Savoy village close to Albertville
- The Tamié Abbey , in the road Mercury, Savoie - Faverge, is on of the attraction of the region.
- Have a walk in the Regional Parck of Bauges Mountains 
- Museum of the Winter Olympic Games, in the city center of Albertville
- Art and History Museum in conflans, 10 min from the city center
- Grand Bivouac, (city center), ☎ 0033 4 79 32 48 64 ([email protected]), . The Grand Bivouac is the discovery and travel festival. From 2002, this is in Albertville each year, end of October. edit
- Festival International de Musiques Militaires, . Concerts, processions, dawn serenades and more. Top bands appearing exclusively at Albertville. edit
- Indoor Climbing, in the Olympic hall, . One of Europe's biggest artificial structure : 561 m², height 17m, 25 ways from 3 to 8b+. Closed in June 2013 will be re-open in 2015. edit
- Tamier Climbing (natural rock face, well bolted), (Col de Tamier - 8Km), ☎ +33 (0)4 79 32 10 49 ([email protected]), . edit
- Bloc Rhone Forest, (Moutier - Road RN90 - exit 32), . free. edit
- Olympic ice rink, Halle olympique - 15 avenue de Winnenden ALBERTVILLE (Bus line A), ☎ +33 (0)4 79 32 84 84 ([email protected]), . Come and skate over the tracks of the champions in the same Olympic ice rink that hosted the 1992 Winter Olympic Games edit
- Le Dôme Gambetta, 12, rue Gambetta 73200 Albertville. 7.60euro. edit
- Le Dôme Cinéma, 135 Place de l'Europe 73200 Albertville. 7.60euro. edit
- Cinéma Chantecler, 45 place Montmaine 73400 Ugine. at Ugine 10km from Albertville 7.60euro. edit
- Le Dôme Théâtre, 135 Place Europe 73200 Albertville, ☎ 0033 4 79 10 44 88, . edit
- Theatre du Sycomore, . give regularly some representation in Albertville and the region. Have a lot to the website to find the next date. edit
- THE DOME Multi media facility, 135 Place de l'Europe - Albertville (city center), ☎ +33 (0)4 79 10 44 70 ([email protected]), . edit
- Each Thurday in the Place Borrel and Place du Pénitencier
- Each Saturday in the Place Grenette (only food)
- Abbaye Notre-Dame de Tamié, Col de Tamier, Road (Faverge), ☎ 00334 79 31 15 52 ([email protected]), . edit
- Cooperative laitiere, 38 Quai des Allobroges, 73200 Albertville (Town Center), . Mainly you can find Beaufort Cheese and other Savoy product (like Opinel-knife). edit
Local Savoys dishes :
- Fondu Savoyard (with Savoi cheese : beaufort, le gruyère de savoie or l'emmental de savoie)
- Le P`tit Bar, (City center in the direction of Ugine, near Roma Hotel), ☎ 00334 79 32 49 02, . edit
Out in the open
Officially it`s forbidden, as in all the French City with city-camping.
But it`s possible to find some spot in the Vineyard near Conflant or near Gilly-sur-Isere in direction Chambery by the small road.
Other spot can be the Malus Cultival (Apple tree) on the road of Col de Tamier near Mercury.
Hitchhiking can be the solution to go out of the town,
- in direction of Annecy via Ugine and Faverge. No problem, easy to be pick up
- in direction of Beaufort, also no problem, easy to be pick up
- in direction of Tarentaise, Moutier, it`s a bit difficult. Need to go on the motoway.
Any way in all the case, find detail Tips for hitchhiking.