Aksaray is a city in Central Anatolia, close to the edge of what might be called as Greater Cappadocia area (the core of which lies more than an hour drive to east).
Aksaray is connected to all big cities of the country by bus.
- As with the rest of the country, another common way of getting here is to use the buses. They arrive here frequently from Ankara, Konya , Nevşehir , and several other cities around Turkey.Also, you can go to Aksaray by own car.
- Walking in Aksaray -- You can explore downtown Aksaray by walking. It is very easy and enjoyable to walk around city centre. You can also walk in the Kültür Park.
- City buses -- Extensive bus network including city buses
- Many taxies with prices comparable to the rest of the country.
- Ihlara Valley
- Salt Lake
- Hasan Dağı
- Aşıklı Höyük
- You can visit Museum
- You can go to the Kılıçarslan Park.It is Picnic Area
- You can go to the Kültür Park
- You can go to Ihlara Valley.
- You can visit Art Gallery
- Park Site AVM (Mall)
- Kule AVM
- Demircioğlu AVM
- Efor AVM
- There is a Pizza Pizza
- There is Şehmus Döner
- There is Dönerci Hüseyin Usta
- There are Burger King
- There is a Yağmur Pide Salonu
- There is Doğanlar Kebap
- Ice Mar Cafe -- Located on Atatürk avenue, generally a quiet atmosphere that is good to take a few friends too.
- Pickup Rock Bar -- Downstairs in the Cemalpasa area, this bar usually has live Turkish bands covering American rock on weekends. Closed early in the week, on the days that it is open, you can get in until late in the morning. Crowds usually start showing up around 11:30PM, the time the band starts playing. Efes on tap can be bought here for 6 TL a pint.
- Nargile Bar -- A downtempo place located in New Aksaray, this is more for a young working class. Many of the patrons are between 20 and 30, and for the most part are out of university. Live Turkish music is played here almost every night, and Tuborg Green can be bought on tap for 4.50 TL a pint. Hours are generally 4PM to 3AM.
- Toprak Hotel in central location (from 20.00 Lıra; paid 35.00 for a double)
- Grand Eras Otel (5*)
- Grand Saatçioğlu Otel (4*)
- Ağaçlı Otel (4*)
- Grand Altuntaş Hotel
- Kuzucular Park Hotel
- Fuar Hotel
- Ihlara Hotel
Some of the towns and sights around Aksaray include:
Nevşehir -- Situated 72 km east of Aksaray.It takes 52 minutes.
Ankara -- Situated 226 km north of Aksaray.It takes 2 hours and 38 minutes.
Konya -- Situated 153 km east of Aksaray.It takes 2 hours.