Acitrezza is a charming little fishing village in the east of Sicily. On the other hand, it is part of the commune of Aci Castello. The Aci Trezza is a popular destination for Italian holiday makers in summer.
Acitrezza is a well-known summer destination for many tourists, only 10km from Catania. The village's main feature are the Faraglioni, the small islands just off the coast. The locals often refer to these islands as Isole dei Ciclopi (Islands of the Cyclops).
The patron Saint of the village is St. John the Baptist.
- Train connection, . Aci Trezza is located on Messina-Catania line and has the nearest train stop in Acireale. edit
Catch city bus 534 from Borsellino terminus near the Duomo Plaza (also stopping at Catania central station). Don't forget to validate your ticket when you get out the bus.
You can rent a car at the airport in Catania and reach Acitrezza in just a few minutes. If you're coming from the main land (the ferry boat between Messina and Reggio Calabria then take the A18 motorway heading south. Exit at Acireale.
Cyclops Rocks, the Faraglioni
Norman-Swabian Castle of Aci Castello
Aci Trezza is reachable on foot. It is situated along the coast and slightly is climbing up the terrace and enough steeply in some places.
- Faraglioni dei Ciclopi, Via Lungomare Dei Ciclopi, 121, Aci Castello. These faraglioni have its own legend about their origin what way a giant Cyclop had been throwing the rocks.
- Nespolo house (Casa del Nespolo), Associazione Culturale Fantasticheria, Via Arciprete Salvatore de Maria, 15, 95021 Aci Castello tel.+39 328 685 5328 . Museum with an exciting discovery of places of Verghiana memory.
- Norman-Swabian Castle of Aci Castello (Castello Normanno-Svevo di Aci Castello), Piazza Castello, 25, 95021 Aci Castello. Tel. +39 320 433 9691  This castle was built in 7th century, overgone different disasters and enemies. It was demolished and now there left only the quadrangular tower, where is placed museum. Next to it, is located small botanical garden with succulents, from where opens beautiful view towards the sea.
- Riviera of the Cyclops (Riviera Dei Ciclopi), Via Lungomare Dei Ciclopi, 183, Via Litteri, 44, 95021 Aci Trezza. Rocky islet of the Ciclops is also known as Faraglioni, worked out by the activity of Etna volcano million years ago.
- Workshop and house museum of Jean Calogero (Atelier Jean Calogero - Casa Museo), Via Francesco Crispi, 50, 95021 Aci Castello tel. +39 335 527 5064 .
- Beach La Risacca (Lido La Risacca srl), Via Antonello da Messina, 62, 95021 Aci Castello, ☎ +39 095 271 747, . Nice beach at the seashore. edit
- Boat tour, . There is possible to rent a boat at the port to get to Isola Lachea. edit
- Cyclops beach (Lido dei Ciclopi), Gli Ulivi S.P.A., Via Provinciale, 2, 95021 Aci Castello, ☎ +39 095 277 731, . edit
- Day tour, . Nice activity for all day. edit
- Diving, Sport Sub Ciclope Diving Center, Via Provinciale, 325, 95026 Aci Trezza, ☎ +39 095 277 258, . Make an exciting experience diving at the Sicilian shores. edit
- Walking. Great walk along Via Lungomare Dei Ciclopi with the nice coastal view. Also, use the nearby Lungomare di Acicastello a half kilometer distance pleasant for the short walk. edit
- Patron St. John the Baptist day. during the last week of June. edit
- Dietro Le Mura, Via Dietro le Mura, 26, 95021 Aci Castello, ☎ +39 095 711 1091, . Pizzeria Restaurant edit
- Gente di Mare, Via Dietro Chiesa, 20, 95021 Aci Castello, ☎ +39 095 817 8781. Seafood restaurant edit
- Sicilia's Cafe de Mar, Via Lungomare Dei Ciclopi, 119, 95021 Aci Castello, ☎ +39 095 276 129, . Mediterranean restaurant edit
- Cantina Palù, Via Savoia, 15, 95021 Aci Castello, ☎ +39 328 677 3379. edit
- Norman Café, 95021 Aci Castello, ☎ +39 333 363 5042. edit
- Viscuso, Via Re Martino, Aci Castello, ☎ +39 095 271 244, . Bar edit
- Eden Riviera, Via Litteri, 57, ☎ +39 095 277 760 (fax: +39 095 277 761), . Hotel is located on the Sicilian coast, with a large terrace overviewing the natural marine park called "Isole dei Ciclopi" (Cyclops islands). edit
- Malavoglia Inn Hotel Acitrezza, Via Provinciale, 5, ☎ +39 095 617 5341 ([email protected], fax: +39 095 711 7850), . Air conditioning, private bathroom, TV, free Wi-Fi. Very close to the Cyclops islands natural park. edit
- Ortensia, Via Antonello da Messina, 93, 95021 Aci Castello, ☎ +39 346 688 6040, . Villa edit
- Tourist Office (Ufficio Turistico Pro loco Riviera dei Ciclopi Aci Trezza-Aci Castello), ☎ +39 095 092 3572 ([email protected]). edit
- Taormina with its beautifully preserved roman theatre.
- Catania. City bus 534 back to Catania leaves from near the fishing port on the corner of Via Provinciale and Via A. Capparelli.
- Aci Castello