Škofja Loka  is a town in Central Slovenia.
Škofja Loka is 50 km away from Ljubljana's Brnik Airport. A taxi costs around €60.
Kam-Bus  runs frequent services from Ljubljana (€3) and some limited direct services to other points nearby. The bus station is very centrally located at the edge of the old town, and there's a map to orient yourself as you exit. On weekdays, buses leave every 15-30 minutes from 5 AM until 11 PM and take just under an hour. On weekends, services are reduced to once per hour.
Škofja Loka (general view)
Škofja Loka is easily covered on foot.
Škofja Loka is medieval town and very important for Slovenians. One of Slovenia's most famous books was set in Škofja Loka, Ivan Tavčar's Visoška hronika.
- Loški museum (Loški muzej) and Škofija Loka castle (Škofjeloški grad), Grajska pot 13, ☎ + 386 4 517 04 00 ([email protected]), . Tue-Sun 10:00-18:00. The castle stands on the edge of the slope above the town and the confluence of the Sora Rivers and dominates the image of the town. 5€ adults, 3€ children and students.. edit
- Veronikina pot (Veronika's Path)
- Škofjeloški pasijon (The Škofja Loka passion)
In centre of Škofja Loka there's a lot of shops with clothes, souvenirs and books.
- Turizem Loka, Stara Loka 8a (500 m from the old town centre of Škofja Loka), ☎ 00 386 40 35 46 35 ([email protected]), . The building prides itself with an exceptional position in the centre of the mediaeval Škofja Loka and by the entrance to the Selška dolina valley. Its surroundings offer numerous possibilities of visiting the rich cultural historical heritage as well as vast options of active spending of spare time by taking up thematic and hiking paths or cycling trails, fishing, skiing on arranged ski slopes and many other activities. From 40€. edit
- Appartments Na poljani, Podlubnik 191 (500 m from the old town centre of Škofja Loka). checkin: 13:00 - 20:00; checkout: 07:00 - 11:00. Apartments Na Poljani is located in Škofja Loka in the Gorenjska (Upper Carniola) region. This apartment provides free WiFi, along with a well-equipped kitchen, a terrace and a garden. Free parking is available. edit
- Lubnik - take a hike to Lubnik, where you will have a nice view to Škofija Loka and Kranj.
Town Škofa Loka behind Lubnik
- Kranj - visit 4th biggest slovenian city. Just 15 min from Škofija Loka.
- Ljubljana - visit the capital of Slovenia.
- Poljanska dolina (Visoko, Žiri)
- Selška dolina (Železniki, Zali log)