Świętochłowice (Shvyen-to-hwo-vee-tzeh) is a middle-size city in Silesian Voivodeship.
Katowice airport's located 30 km from the city center, LOT Polish Airlines, Transavia, Wizzair, Ryanair and Lufthansa offer many different connections as Warsaw, Munich, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Tel Aviv and more. They also offer seasonal connections to places as Split, Podgorica, Dubai, Santander etc.
You can also get Świętochłowice from many Austrian, German or Czech cities by bus. You can check their timetables on E-Podroznik site.
- Zojra, Foryśka and Milicyjny ponds. Two nice ponds located near DTŚ way. Now natural protected areas
- Lasek Chropaczkowski. A beautiful forest park near city of Bytom. Natural protected area
- Skałka Park. A beautiful park with sport objects and pond. There're also open air swimming pools opened in summer time.
- Zacisze and Matylda ponds. Two beautiful ponds near DTŚ way, just opposite to Zojra, Foryśka and Milicyjny ponds.
- Wąwóz pond. A beautiful pond located in the end of Bytomska street, near the cemetery.
- Trupek Pond. A pond popular with fishers. It's located in Lipiny district.
- Dolina Lipinki Valley. A beautiful, re-cultivated postindustrial area in Lipiny district
- Martyn pond . A pond located near DTŚ way.
- Saint Peter and Paul Church (Polish: Kościół św. Piotra i Pawła). Beautiful neogothic church.
- Our Lady of Rosary church (Armii Krajowej Street). Beautiful church from 1910-12.
- Water Tower. A beautiful water tower located on Katowicka street.
- Silesian Uprisings Museum . Museum dedicated to Silesian Uprisings.
- Hugon's Mountain (Góra Hugona). Mountain with 311 m. Natural protected area
- Kalina pond. Beautiful pond in green area.
- City Center. Places with many old buildings.
- Chorzowska street. Street with workers' colony buildings.
- Lipiny. District full of old tenement houses
- Saint Joseph church (Wojska Polskiego 13). Modernist church with beautiful polychromies.
- Saint Augustine church (Dr Bukowego 22). Neogothic church from 1888 with nice interior.
- Lutheran church (pl. ks. Leopolda Rabbe 1). Lutheran church from 1901 built in neogothic style. There's a nice interior.
Youth Culture House and Silesian Culture House use to organize many live concerts and other events.
- Kompleks Hotelarski Zgoda, Wojska Polskiego 81. edit An accommodation object located about 1 km from the city center, shared and private bathrooms.
- Apartamenty Katowicka 38, Katowicka 38. edit Apartments in the city center, free WiFi, garden, barbecue facilities
- Intermo and Intermo II, Łagiewnicka 45. edit Apartments located about 2 km from the city center, free WiFi
- Willa Styl, Dworcowa 8. edit Villa located close to railway station, free WiFi, restaurant, air conditioned rooms
City's located to such interesting places as Chorzów, Katowice, Ruda Śląska, Zabrze, Bytom, Siemianowice Śląskie, Gliwice, Czeladź or Będzin.