If you believe some Wikitraveller -- including yourself -- should have administrative status, use the template below. After fourteen (14) days of discussion, the user will be granted administrative status if:
- The nomination has been given the support of the community, including at least two other administrators,
- The user has indicated a willingness to take on the job of administration, and
- There are no outstanding objections.
This nomination process is also applied to nominations for Bureaucrat.
=== [[User:Username|Username]] ===
'''Nominated for:''' Administrator/Bureaucrat (Pick your choice)
'''New election''' / '''Reelection''' (Pick your choice)
'''Self-nominated''' ~~~~ / '''Nominated by:''' ~~~~ (Pick your choice)
'''Acceptance:''' (Not applicable if self-nominated)
'''Do not support'''
Nominated for: administrator (ko)
Self-nominated FriedC 01:14, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
Motive: User:Mkpaulo has failed his administrator nomination. So I want to be a administrator of ko.wikitravel instead of him. Please watch my other user page. korean wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons
- Support. I would support as an administrator, you seem to be a helpful user at ko wp. I'm wondering if in situations like this, where there aren't any existing Wikitravelers working on the launching of a language version, if we should maybe make a veteran WT'er (Jpatokal for instance) the bureaucrat, rather than handing said rights to a brand new user – cacahuate talk 02:52, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- OK, You're right. I change it. :) --FriedC 04:28, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support We can never be sure when it's a new team setting a language version up, but a good wikipedia history is definately encouraging. sertmann 08:03, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support Considering ko.wikipedia history, he can be trusted. --Enigma7seven 09:23, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. However, I agree with Cacahuate that administrator rights are enough. Jpatokal 10:49, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Strong Support. Great Wikipedian and already doing good work on :ko. I also double checked to make sure that this is indeed that Wikipedian (in light of the weird MkPaolo nomination, I figure it's better to be extra certain that no one is misrepresenting themselves). --Peter Talk 23:08, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. -- Tatata 03:27, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. I am confiding this user. -- Quotation Marks 04:31, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. ØSalamander (Talk / Contributions) 05:02, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
Nominated for: administrator (ko)
Self-nominated Quotation Marks 05:17, 21 October 2009 (EDT) /
Motive: I am suppoter for korean wikitravel before it was put off:  and I translated korean wikitravel media-wiki together with User:FriedC too. :  in addition, I am a administrator in korean uncyclopedia now, and was a temporary admin for korean wikiquote. I'll administrate korean wikitravel with admin-career of the past.
Nominated for: Administrator (ko)
Self-nominated ØSalamander (Talk / Contributions) 08:16, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
Motive: I began to translate project articles at en.wikitravel into Korean. I am in trouble because of so many mistranslations and wrong redirects. I want to delete/or manage them quickly by admin ability. In addition, I am a admin in Korean Wikisource() and very active user of Korean Wikipedia and Korean Uncyclopedia.
- Support. Track record on Korean Wikipedia, Wikisource looks good. Jpatokal 10:49, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. Good to have admins with prior admin experience on other wikis – cacahuate talk 21:39, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. Great user on other ko wikis, and I have confirmed that this is indeed the same user. --Peter Talk 15:16, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. -- Tatata 21:10, 23 October 2009 (EDT)
Nominated for: Administrator(ko)
Self-nominated Pakman 09:29, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
Motive: Salamander favor to register here me.
Hi! I interested this homepage, And I joined to the English to Korean transtlation project. If I'll be bureaucrat, I'm delete document that break Edit rule. but I'm not bureaucrat experince Thank you.
Nominated for: Temporary administrator (ko)
Self-nominated Peter Talk 15:07, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
Motive: Help with MediaWiki setup
I will not serve as an administrator on ko (I'm already spread too thin), but I would like to help set up the MediaWiki files to help get the fledgling version started. --Peter Talk 15:07, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support as temporary admin
we need someone to hand out admin rights once the election is complete, and take care of some of the bureaucrat only settings (a few of the css files requires that afaik). sertmann 15:16, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. It's nice and need to have admins in different timezone to cope with vandals. -- Tatata 03:35, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. Yeah, Korean WT need veteran WT'er. --FriedC 14:15, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
Nominated for: (Temporary) Bureaucrat (Korean)
Nominated by User:Sertmann
Motive: Help with MediaWiki setup
Acceptance: Thank you for all. I feel a little bit quick to accept now, since it's only been 1 day from nomination. But I have much pleasure in accepting in this. As for bureaucrat, both because Korean version community expected to grow quickly with their great contributors and because of language barrier, I'll act as a IB's staff who follow the decision made by the community and just push user rights button. -- Tatata 21:40, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
(A post on the Korean pub reminded me that...) Tatata has the experience with the quirks of setting up Non-Latin wikitravels (Japanese & Chinese), has a very good understanding of Mediawiki, and adequate English, so I can't think of anyone who would be more qualified to help with the technical aspects of setting up a Korean wikitravel. I wouldn't expect any day to day involvement once we've elected one or two native administrators.
- Support - sertmann 16:00, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. And I see no need to make the term temporary—admins/bureaucrats on smaller and younger language versions sometimes just disappear, leaving the site without any support, and it's hard to get new bureaucrats set up. So I'd like Tatata to be our "community bureaucrat" for the Korean version. --Peter Talk 18:50, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Q: Peter, if Tatata is selected as bureaucrat, do you still want/need admin rights on ko? Jpatokal 22:15, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Good point. If Tatata is up to the job of setting up the MediaWiki files, then I'll be happy to withdraw my nomination and let him take over. --Peter Talk 03:20, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
- Please don't withdraw your nomination since I have a reason to say so; see above. -- Tatata 03:39, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. I think Tatata would be the perfect bureaucrat for now if he accepts – cacahuate talk 21:39, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support. Jpatokal 22:15, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- OK, so if Tatata accepts (and I have a hunch he will) would anyone object to a bit of raving nepotism, and fast-tracking this, so we at least have one user who can delete all those erroneous pages, and fix some of the easily fixable bugs that's being reported? With a track record like his, I can't see anyone objecting anyway. Besides two weeks complete anarchy is not in anyone but the vandals interest. sertmann 23:03, 21 October 2009 (EDT)
- I'd support this motion. Initial bureaucrats on language versions are usually set up without much discussion anyway—I certainly never went through an admin nom for the Russian version... --Peter Talk 03:20, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
- Support What a nice work! --FriedC 14:19, 22 October 2009 (EDT)
Nominated for: Administrator (ko.wikitravel)
Self-nominated Kwj2772 22:22, 23 October 2009 (EDT)
Motive: Hello. I am an administrator on Wikimedia Commons and Korean Wikiquote. And destructive behaviours are being continued by Mkpaulo and IPsocks. Korean Wikitravel has launched recently, so the wiki needs a lot of maintenance. Also, I have experiences in MediaWiki localisations, template maintenance, and translations. I would assist Korean Wikitravel to grow. Thank you. --Kwj2772 22:22, 23 October 2009 (EDT)
- Strong support. I've been waiting for this self-nomination since he/she looks busy for Wikimedia's project. :-) -- Tatata 23:38, 23 October 2009 (EDT)
- Strong support. per Tatata. --FriedC 03:09, 24 October 2009 (EDT)