Formal hello
If you want to specialize your experience you may want to consider editing your preferences. Before uploading please take a second to read over the copyleft, policies and guidelines, and the image policy but feel free to upload travel images. If you need help, check out the help desk, and if you need some info not on there, post a message in the Travellers' pub.
Riggwelter 16:34, 25 February 2008 (EST)
 Less formal
Hi Justine, and let me be the first to welcome you to the Wikitravel image repository and coordination site, Wikitravel Shared. It is here, and only here, that we meet an discuss what's good for Wikitravel and what's not, where we want to go and how things should be done, regardless of language. I do not know how much you know about the wiki idea, but I would be happy to introduce you to how we work. As our new community leader, the expectations on you are high. Two earlier community leaders have failed (or at least failed to show up), so we have high hopes for you! As you soon will find out, a daily presence on Shared is required, but also visits to all the other Wikitravel sites to find out what's going on, but also to make sure that important discussions are brought to the attention for all wikitravellers. Here are some useful links to take a look at:
- Language versions - a list of all the language versions and the different liaisons
- Liaison reports - where all the liaisons are supposed to report on the progress of "their" language
- Category:Wikitravel Shared meta pages - useful information on where to find what on Wikitravel Shared.
We have a long wish list of where we want to take Wikitravel, but I suggest that you start by introducing yourself on your user page, perhaps with a picture of yourself? And, again: a very warm welcome to you, Justine! We look forward to work together with you. Riggwelter 16:34, 25 February 2008 (EST)
- Welcome aboard. Many of us are sincerely hoping you'll stick around longer than the previous two hapless candidates for your post... getting to work on the Top bugs and the Wish list will be the best way for you to establish some street cred around here. Jpatokal 02:59, 26 February 2008 (EST)
- Welcome from me too... ditto above... I also think you should do more of what you're already doing... getting your toes wet by editing some articles... I think that being an editor on the site is what will help you to be really effective in the long run, not just being here to listen to us complain, but understanding why things are the way they are from a users perspective. That's been what I've missed most about having Evan around... he wasn't just a tech guy, he was an editor and half the time knew what we wanted before we even wanted it. We saw some glimpses of this at first from Kevin, was thinking ahead and getting inventive on mapping ideas, etc... but then it seems to have all died out lately, or at least I haven't heard any updates. What's up with the form-based listings editor, for instance? Anyway, I hope the WT bug bites you the way it has many of us, looking forward to more help on the LA articles, I think we're neighbors – cacahuate talk 03:43, 5 March 2008 (EST)
 Turkish ready to go
- No need for me to mediate, just get in touch directly with the volunteer go-between and get the version started. Jpatokal 08:59, 29 April 2008 (EDT)
 Arabic and Turkish
It would be really, really good to get the Arabic Wikitravel up and running before Wikimania in Egypt in mid-July! Can you get this set up, and also the in-limbo Turkish Wikitravel Expedition? Jpatokal 10:01, 23 June 2008 (EDT)
 Spamblacklist on it:
 Admin request
Hey Justine, User:Sergey kudryavtsev is Wikitravel's newest administrator (on the Russian version), and its our policy to automatically give language version admins sysop status on Shared as well. Since you have bureaucrat status here, would you please flip his admin switch. You can do that at Special:Userrights. Thanks! --Peter Talk 23:44, 6 July 2008 (EDT)
- Hello! Now the admin-only links appear on standalone pages. But none appeared on categories (due to wgUserGroups = null in page source). Purging the cache does not fix the problem. Is this a bug? -- Sergey kudryavtsev 03:23, 8 July 2008 (EDT)
- Now it's ok. Today after a purging the cache the admin-only links appear on categories like on standalone pages. -- Sergey kudryavtsev 02:37, 10 July 2008 (EDT)
 Google Adsense question
Hi Justine. Could see from the discussions on implementation of Google Adsense that you have had a central role in this. I'd like to do something similar in a wiki I'm currently developing. Would you help me by pointing me to the relevant places/people to learn how you got it working with the right hand column (it's probably all there in the templates somewhere - but I'm still on a steep learning curve as for how Mediawiki works). You can respond to me on my talk page. Thanks in advance -- Kassoe 17:02, 4 August 2008 (EDT)
 Admin request for fr & it
Justine, our Italian and French version admins have gone AWOL. User:Episteme does great inter-wiki work across all language versions, and is willing to take care of basic administrative on these important language versions. Although we would be skipping the admin nomination process to do this, I think it would be appropriate and very useful to make him an admin on both the French and Italian language versions. Would you please take care of this. Thanks! --Peter Talk 18:03, 13 August 2008 (EDT)
 Temporary contact change
From 10/9 to 10/20, please contact David Bonilla, of Internet Brands, for any requests to add admins, change permissions or block/unblock anonymous editing. Email: dbonilla at internetbrands.com. Thanks! JuCo 16:14, 7 October 2008 (EDT)
 Esperanto version's spam black list and bureaucrat
spammers are still sticking to eo:. So, can you help eo: by
- block accounts of spambot.
- create eo:MediaWiki:Spamblacklist page.
- create eo:Wikitravel:Local spam blacklist page and protect it from anon edits.
And that version needs administrators to perform janitorial work. Please give eo:Vikipediisto:Episteme bureaucrat status per Wikitravel Shared:Administrator nominations#Nominations for Bureaucrat.
Thanks in advance. -- Tatata 23:25, 16 December 2008 (EST)
- In fact if you give Episteme the bureaucrat rights then he will take care of the rest :) Thanks – cacahuate talk 12:10, 17 December 2008 (EST)
- Episteme is all set!JuCo 19:54, 22 December 2008 (EST)
- Thank you! -- Tatata 08:42, 23 December 2008 (EST)
 Bot flag request for Tatatabot
I'm operating a bot for maintaining interlanguage links on half of Wikitravel language versions. Recently I applied for bot flags at script nominations on shared to run the bot on all Wikitravel language versions and Wikitravel Shared, and I passed the nomination process. So, would you set bot flags for my bot accounts listed below?
- ar:مستخدم:Tatatabot (ar:special:userrights)
- eo:Vikipediisto:Tatatabot (eo:special:userrights)
- fr:Utilisateur:Tatatabot (fr:special:userrights)
- he:משתמש:Tatatabot (he:special:userrights)
- hu:User:Tatatabot (hu:special:userrights)
- it:Utente:Tatatabot (it:special:userrights)
- pl:Użytkownik:Tatatabot (pl:special:userrights)
- pt:Usuário:Tatatabot (pt:special:userrights)
Thank you in advance. -- Tatata 12:12, 26 May 2009 (EDT)
 Turkish Wikitravel
when open turkish wikipedia page.translations are ok.
Hasan 15:01, 12 August 2009 (EDT)