User:Korea1992/Korean Wikitravel Expedition
The Korean Wikitravel Expedition is an expedition to create a Korean language version of Wikitravel.
For more information on multilingual Wikitravel policy, please see Language version policy.
In addition, contributions in Korean would help the other Wikitravel language versions. Many Korean speaking areas are major travel destinations; having locals update information in their native tongue (which could then be translated to other languages) would make for better information in all the Wikitravel guides. Korean speakers are also frequent travelers and would have a lot to contribute on other destinations and topics.
This Expedition has the following goals:
- To collect a good base of Korean speaking users willing to take this project further.
- To choose a go-between who can keep users on the English language site up to date on developments on Korean Wikitravel, and vice versa
- To translate the interface files for Wikitravel into Korean
- To launch the new Korean language Wikitravel.
- To translate the pages and create the infrastructure necessary to make Korean Wikitravel useful and friendly for new Korean speaking contributors.
- To make Korean Wikitravel an integrated part of the Wikitravel family.
The Language version policy lists the steps necessary to get a Korean language Wikitravel in place.
 Gathering a team of users
To get this project started, we need at least 3 Korean speaking users willing to help start the Korean Wikitravel. This means helping to translate the interface files, create content on the new Wikitravel, and to create the necessary infrastructure to make Wikitravel welcoming and useful for the next wave of contributors.
If you're interested, please create a user account here on Wikitravel Shared, and sign the list below. To sign, type four tildes (~~~~)
More than 3 users are welcome to sign up, but we need at least 3 to get started.
If there are no objections, YourNameHere, the person who started this Expedition, has volunteered to act as go-between for this new language.
 Language interface file
MediaWiki, the software that runs Wikitravel, uses a language interface file to make the links and names and prompts and stuff readable in other languages. We need to customize a new version to work for Example Wikitravel.
We can collaboratively do this at LanguageXX.php. It's started off with the Wikipedia language file, and we can use the English en:Wikitravel:Language.php file as a reference for things that need to be changed. It's mostly just changing the name of the site (Wikipedia -> Wikitravel), the name of the license, and the names of some important pages.
- 소식 없음