Tech:Option to browse long articles with one page per section
Moved from en:Wikitravel:Feature requests by Evan
For guide and star articles, it would be nice for some users to browse the articles one section per page, rather than as one long page. Any such feature would have to allow people to read and/or print the entire article as a single page, though. See en:Wikitravel talk:Article templates#The best Wikitravel articles are too damn long. --Evan 16:48, 17 June 2006 (EDT)
- I've got a start of this feature working on review; see http://wikitravel.org/review/Montreal. There's still a lot to do:
- There's no link to the first section (no title) of the page in the Table of Contents.
- There's no link to show the entire article in one page.
- The edit links need to be fixed up so that if the user is on "Montreal - Do", clicking the edit tab edits only the do section.
- We should probably group some of the sections together -- especially the first section, any geographical lists, and possibly "Understand".
- It needs to be made optional by user.
- That last one is going to be the hairiest -- it's going to require a lot of processing power that our caching system currently keeps us from having to use. --Evan 13:52, 19 June 2007 (EDT)