It often happens that some people set off on a language expedition, but by the time the third interested user is on board, the first one is off-board, because he is tired of waiting and just hanging around. If we make it a norm, or at least a recommendation that those who are coming on board should give a valid email address, then we can just mail them (once only) when there are enough interested users. —Ravikiran r 11:14, 12 March 2007 (EDT)
- Hmm, good suggestion. Are you refering to something specific, by ant chance? Upamanyu -- Write2me 11:02, 30 April 2007 (EDT)
Azerbaijani Wikitravel Language Expedition
Archived from en:Pub:
Hey everyone, I am trying to start an Azerbaijani (Azeri) language expedition. Please tell me what you all think about this. -- —Unsigned comment by Cupcakecommander (talk • contribs) .
- Sounds like a great idea. Go for it! -- Andrew H. (Sapphire) 03:23, 5 December 2006 (EST)
A Simple English Wikitravel?
Swept in from en:pub:
Can anyone tell me why there isn't one in the process yet? I would love to create it. any help? --126.96.36.199 20:51, 25 July 2009 (EDT)
- Are you kidding? Do you know how much work we have left to do on the complex English Wikitravel? LtPowers 22:27, 25 July 2009 (EDT)
- Excuse my ignorance, but what are simple/complex English versions? --Jtesla16 23:38, 25 July 2009 (EDT)
- See Wikipedia:Simple English Wikipedia. LtPowers 09:49, 26 July 2009 (EDT)
- After reading the link, I still don't really know what the difference is. If someone knows English, why can't they use this version? ChubbyWimbus 19:21, 26 July 2009 (EDT)
- I linked the encyclopedia article when I meant to link the project page. Try this: Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Simple English Wikipedia. The Simple English Wikipedia is for readers whose English skills are rudimentary and for translators who wish to have a less complex English article to translate to another language. Teachers of English as a Second Language can use it to give reading or writing assignments to their students. Presumably, 188.8.131.52 is proposing a similar endeavor for Wikitravel. LtPowers 19:40, 26 July 2009 (EDT)
We will finished and archived Wikitravel Tr project.How open Turkish Wikitravel internet page?
Hasan travel 11:31, 4 August 2009 (EDT)