See also en:Wikitravel talk:Hebrew Wikitravel Expedition
- guys what's happening? why nobody do something about starting this project up? it's been already 4 years since the idea came up. Orel zion 11:17, 24 May 2007 (EDT)
- Volunteer to be the go-between and send User:Evan a note. Jpatokal 07:44, 25 May 2007 (EDT)
Ready to launch
Orel, if you're willing to do this job, it'd be great. I'll get the new version of Wikitravel started immediately. Once it's working, here are the things you'll need to do:
- Contact all the members of this expedition to let them know we're starting.
- Create a user account on the new he: version, and tell me what it is (so I can make you an administrator).
- Organize the members of the expedition to get the new version off the ground.
- Let people know about the new site (blogs, other he: wikis).
- Make a report about once a month about the progress of the site.
I'll let you know when the site is working. --Evan 11:04, 28 May 2007 (EDT)
- I'm a lot more than happy, and I'll look forward to the oficial opening. Thanks a lot. Orel zion 12:15, 28 May 2007 (EDT)
- OK, great! So, http://wikitravel.org/he/ works, let me know when you've set up a user account and I'll make you an admin. It looks like the translation has been really good, but you may want to check he:Special:Allmessages for translation issues. --Evan 13:23, 28 May 2007 (EDT)
- O.K. I did it. My user name אוראל. I will contact with a guy I know in the Hebrew Wikipedia to make us a logo, is it O.K.? Orel zion 02:24, 29 May 2007 (EDT)
- Sounds fine to me. It'd be nice if it was just a variation on the Wikitravel logo used elsewhere. There's an SVG version available for making variations at en:Image:Treatment.svg. I should check and see if any of the other Wikitravel versions that use non-Latin scripts want to change their logo.
- Speaking of which: do you want to use a translated version of the name "Wikitravel"? If so, we should do it now rather than later. --Evan 10:01, 29 May 2007 (EDT)