| || |
We badly need a few native Hindi speakers to join up, we currently only have 3. All of them are active wikipedians. At least one admin should be a native Hindi speaker and we also need a Hindi-speaking
beaurocrat. Perhaps Cacahuate could be given that status. |+|
We badly need a few native Hindi speakers to join up, we currently only have 3. All of them are active wikipedians. At least one admin should be a native Hindi speaker and we also need a Hindi-speaking . Perhaps Cacahuate could be given that status.
| || |
Revision as of 10:12, 3 May 2007
- Back to Wikitravel Shared:Liaison reports.
In a nutshell, progress has been quite good. We may not be at par with the other language versions, but we've nearly hit the 50 mark and the future's looking bright. The basic interface has been translated, but some of the system messages are still in English.
Our main page was redesigned in April to meet wikitravel standards. It now has a full-fledged Travel News Section (hi:समाचार) and Discover Section (hi:विकिट्रैवल:क्या आपको मालूम है).
Hi's still not "useful" per se, but some articles like hi:भारत and hi:परिवाहन have basic info, albeit minimal.
- hi:विकिट्रैवल:परियोजना के बारे में, translation complete
- hi:विकिट्रैवल:कॉपिलेफ़्ट, basics translated, but the image policy needs to be elaborated
- hi:, looking good...
- We've decided to merge these pages for the time being, hi:विकिट्रैवल:सहायता
Policies and guidelines
- We need to work on this one
Manual of Style
- hi:विकिट्रैवल:अच्छे लेख लिखने की नियम-पुस्तिका, bits translated, more work required...
- hi:विकिट्रैवल:परियोजना, Logbook with interwiki + mini-namespace index + a section on shared
The isIn template has been created, but the problem is that an underscore has to be used instead of a spacebar. There's a debate regarding the usage of the quickbar. Most article templates have been translated, only the "National Park" template is left. We still haven't been able to come up with a suitable word for "Cope" :(
- 17 users
- 47 content pages
- 2.74 edits/page
- 967 edits
- 4 sysops
We now have 17 registered users. Most of them are notable members of the en community -- Cacahuate, Episteme (who helps us with interwiki), Ravikiran ...
Focus during the next month
We're going to program a bot (actually, Evan's agreed to program it for us) to auto-generate around 100-150 articles. Cacahuate's doing a great job by creating new articles with the template+quickbar. We also want to work on a few country articles, India / hi:भारत and USA / hi:संयुक्त राज्य अमरीका need info.
The numerous technical probs we're facing include the following...
- The search bar's not working
- The forever blinking red dot, see this
- Can't save user preferences
Also see Tech:Hindi version needs a few fixes
We badly need a few native Hindi speakers to join up, we currently only have 3. All of them are active wikipedians. At least one admin should be a native Hindi speaker and we also need a Hindi-speaking b'crat. Perhaps Cacahuate could be given that status.
It's been a good month. The future looks bright.... तो हिन्दी विकिट्रैवल — सदा आगे बढ़ते रहो...
- You forgot to mention that you just typed up this whole page with one arm... nothing stops you! Upamanyu broke his arm the other day. Anyway, there's a ton of work to be done, but I'll be back to help you more soon. I've been working on some maps the last few days, and I'll make sure to begin translating those into Hindi shortly as well. Take it easy on the arm though, it will heal faster. – cacahuate talk 03:01, 29 April 2007 (EDT
- Nope, I got my friend to type up most of the page! Anyway, I can use my left-index finger now, although it pains after a sentence or two of typing. Upamanyu -- Write2me 03:35, 29 April 2007 (EDT)