Marbella  è un municipio della provincia di Malaga. È anche la località più famosa della costa del Sol. Nei suoi alberghi di lusso si danno appuntamento esponenti della nobiltà blasonata e dell'alta finanza. Puerto banus, nel territorio del municipio, e la destinazione preferita di ricchi arabi.
- By air - Malaga Airport (Aeropuerto Pablo Ruiz Picasso) is serviced by most European carriers otherwise fly in to Gibraltar, both airports are around 30 minutes drive from Marbella centre.
- By road - the main coast road (N340) connects the major towns along the whole southern coast and Marbella is approx 30 minutes drive along the N340 from the provincial capital, Malaga. If you are prepared to pay the toll fee (around 5-10 Euros depending upon season) you can take the new AP-7 road which runs parrallel to the N340, but with less traffic and higher speed limits means you will reach your destination more quickly.
- By bus - There are high quality regular bus services along the length of the Costa. Although cheap, the buses can run to their own timetable(!) and are often very busy in summer.
- By train - There is a train service between Fuengirola and Malaga, which due to be extended to run further down the coast to Marbella in the near future.
- Hire Car - all the major car hire firms are represented, but the best value will probably come from local firms. Guide prices vary, but you should be able to pick up a small car for around 80-90 Euros for a week in off season. Check out: Car Hire Spain and Helle Hollis
- Taxis are cheap enough and plentiful, though if travelling any distance, you would be advised to agree the fare in advance. Official rates should be displayed inside any licensed taxi. It is possible to hail a taxi in the street, just look for the green 'libre' notice on the windscreen or the green light on the roof at night.
Taxi Phone Numbers from some Costa del Sol locations:
* Marbella - 952 823 835
* Benalmadena - 952 441 545
* Estepona - 952 802 900
* Fuengirola - 952 471 000
* Mijas - 952 476 593
* San Pedro - 952 774 488
* Torremolinos - 952 382 744
- The Old Town & Orange Square - although a modern town, Marbella is full of history, its origins date back to 1600 BC so it's fair to say there is a little part of history to be found in every corner of the "old town", with its Moorish castle, and famous "Orange Square". The historical old quarter with the Andalucian/Moorish mix can still be found with its flower filled balconies and narrow streets.
- Puerto banus  - is the famous yacht marina, lined with popular bars and restaurants, and a veritable posers' paradise. Plenty of late night bars and the odd celebrity are to be found here, but don't forget your wallet, it's not cheap!
- Golf - If you love golf then Marbella has spectacular golf courses that have been designed by the likes of Seve Ballesteros, Peter Alliss and Clive Clark. There are more than 40 quality courses to be played throughout the Costa del Sol making it a perfect destination for the golf enthusiast. See  for more details and tee times.
- Horseracing - about 15 minutes from the centre of Marbella is the Hipodromo Mijas Costa. The recently built all weather racetrack has meetings throughout the year including floodlit night racing on summer weekends. The course also boasts plenty of entertainment including bars, music and restaurants.
- Browse a load of Marbella related articles and usefull information on the Marbella ezine
- El Oceano CN 340 Km 199, Miraflores Telephone +34 952 587 550 International Cuisine
- El Argentino Centro comercial elviria Telephone +34 951 310 087 Charcoal grill
- Trader Vic´s Urbanización La Alcazaba, Puerto Banús, Marbella Telephone +34 952 816 100 International Cuisine
- Brown's Bar and Bistro Pino Golf de Don Carlos 18 Elviria, Marbella Telephone +34 952 838 604 British Cuisine
- Pension Aduar, Calle Aduar N 7, Marbella, ☎ +34 952 773 578 (email@example.com), . Book on-line the recently renovated Pension Aduar, which is open 24 hours a day all year round. Hostel is situated in the heart of Marbella, on a typical peaceful and charming street of the Old Town, only 100 meters away from Plaza de los Naranjos and just at a short walk distance from the beach, restaurants and the shopping area.
- Alanda Hotel and Spa (*****) Boulevard Principe Alfonso Von Hohenlohe, S/N,Marbella Telephone : 952899600
- Marbella Club Hotel (*****) CN340, Km 180,Marbella Telephone : 952822211
- The townhouse (hostel) C/Alderete 7 Plaza Tetuán, Marbella Telephone : 0034 952 90 17 91 Fax : 0034 952 90 17 91
- The beach house (hostel)Urb El ChaparralCN. 340 km 203 Marbella Telephone : +34 95 249 45 40 Fax : +34 95 249 45 40
- Gran Melia Don Pepe  (34) 952 770300, C/ José Meliá, s/n.
- D&B Real Estate-Marbella , has a lot of short time (holiday) and long term rentals. Specially in the center of Marbella and in Puerto Banus. You can search for it online.
- Gibraltar - visit the historical British Colony, climb the famous rock and see the mischievous Barbary Apes. NB You will need your passport as the Spanish Guardia operate a full border control.