Il Dakota del Nord (North Dakota in Inglese)  è uno stato americano nella regione delle Grandi Pianure.
- Coteaus & Plains: Barnes, Burleigh, Dickey, Emmons, Foster, Griggs, Kidder, La Moure, Logan, McIntosh, Ransom, Sargent, Stutsman counties. Map
- Lakes & Gardens: Benson, Eddy, McHenry, McLean, Pierce, Ramsey, Renville, Sheridan, Towner, Ward, Wells counties. Map
- Western North Dakota: Adams, Burke, Divide, Dunn, Grant, Hettinger, Mercer, Morton, Mountrail, Oliver, Sioux, Stark, Williams counties. Map
Scheduled airline service is available in Bismarck, Devils Lake, Dickinson, Fargo, Grand Forks, Jamestown, Minot, and Williston.
Northwest Airlines offers daily flights to all destinations except Dickinson.
United Express serves Williston, Dickinson, Bismarck, and Fargo.
Allegiant Air serves Bismarck and Fargo.
Interstate 94 runs east-west through the southern side of the state. Interstate 29 runs north-south on the eastern edge of the state.
US Highway 2 runs east-west through the northern side of the state. US Highways 85, 83, 281, and 81 run north-south through the state. US Highway 52 runs northwest-southeast through the state.
For those of you arriving from Canada, 24-hour customs stations are available at SK 39 (US 52) in Portal, MB 10 (US 281) at the Peace Gardens, and MB 75 (I-29) near Pembina.
Amtrak's Empire Builder line serves Fargo, Grand Forks, Devils Lake, Rugby, Minot, Stanley, and Williston.
- The Geographical Center of North America in Rugby.
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park, in two units near Dickinson and Watford City, and the Little Missouri National Grasslands between them.
- KVLY-TV Tower 2 miles west of Blanchard, is the tallest man-made structure on earth at 629 meters, or 2063 feet.
- The International Peace Garden in the Turtle Mountains, a 930 hectare park located on the Manitoba border. Simply gorgeous in the summer.
- The State Capitol grounds in Bismarck, which feature the 20 story Capitol, the State Historical Society Museum, and plenty of open park.
- The Enchanted Highway between the Gladstone exit on I-94 and the small town of Regent on the Cannonball River in southwest ND.
- The Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail which runs through Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, and Washington (state)
- Totten Trail, US 83 at Lake Audubon, rural McLean County. Reasonably priced food in a unique location.
If you're leaving North Dakota by car, you may wish to take Interstate 29 north to Winnipeg, or Interstate 94 east to Minneapolis. The adventurous might choose to drive US 85 straight through the Badlands south to Sturgis, either to see the motorcycle rally, or en route to Mount Rushmore National Memorial and other attractions of the Badlands and Black Hills.