Catalogna (In Catalano: Catalunya) è una regione autonoma del nord-est della Spagna.
Confina con Francia e Andorra al Nord, , con la regione di Valencia a sud e l'Aragona ad ovest.
Il mar Mediterraneo bagna le sue coste ad Est
- The Costa Brava (Rough/Tough Coast), in the northeast of the country, has rocky cliffs and a mix of pebble beaches and sandy beaches.
- The Costa Daurada (Golden Coast), in the southeast of the country, has sandy beaches.
- The Pyrenees, in the north of the country, on the border with France. It's a quiet place, ideal for nature walks, and adventure sports. A lot of national parks.
Catalonia has a great variety of different landscapes very close to each other, mountains on the Pyrenees (at the border with France), green hills on north of the country, agricultural planes on the west and beaches on the east.
What to visit;
- Montserrat - A unusual rock mountain, with a Sanctuary on top. It is very popular among Catalans. You can travel there by train (take Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat from Plaça d'Espanya to Montserrat-Aeri) or by bus (they leave from the Plaça de la Universitat in the morning).
- Volcanoes near the city of Olot, and La Fageda d'en Jordà, a very nice forest and extinct volcanoes.
- Adventure sports (in a lot of places in Catalonia like Llavorsí in the Pirineus)
- Figueres - The Dalí Museum
- La Llacuna- Beautiful Mediterranean outback village, with typical gastronomy and landscapes.
"Festes" di Catalogna