Yulin (榆林; Yúlín) is a city in Shaanxi Province.
Yulin was a garrison town along the Great Wall of China. The town now survives on the extraction of oil found locally.
The local airport is a short taxi ride (¥5-10) out of town and has flights every day to Xian and Beijing. A new airport farther out is under construction (May 2007)
The train station lies on the Xian-Hohhot rail line so no direct trains to Beijing are available.
Location - corner of Yuyangzhong Road and Xinjian South Road.
- Shenmu - takes about 3 hours
- Xian - takes about 12 hours
- Yanan - takes about 4 hours
- Yinchuan - takes about 8 hours
- Hongshi Gorge (红石峡; Hóngshíxiá; lit. Red Stone Gorge), (500m before Zhenbeitai). Houses 44 cave dwellings, lush garden-like atmoshere, pagodas and massive inscriptions on the cliffsides.
- Yulin Old Town. Well preserved with all the old hutongs and courtyards still preserved. Fragrant Cloud Temple (Xiangyun Si) and Bring Gladness Temple (Daixing Si) are hidden in among the hutongs, like jewels among the flowers.
- Zhenbei Platform (镇北台; Zhènběitái; lit. Suppress The North Platform), (7km north of town). One of the largest guard towers on the Ming Great Wall.
- Puhui Hotel (Puhui Binguan), Xinjian North Road, ☎ +86 912 3260605.
- Xiangrui Hotel (Xiangrui Zhaodaisuo), Caolarouzhong Lane.
- Yingbin Hostel (Yingbin Lushe), 123 Diyi Road, ☎ +86 912 3282635.
- Ruixiang Hotel (Ruixiang Binguan), Sifangtai Lane, ☎ +86 912 3254366.
- Yuylu Hotel (Yuylu Binguan), Shanglang North Road.