| || |
Revision as of 03:25, 5 May 2008
Youngstown is a mid-sized city in Northeast Ohio and is the County Seat of Mahoning County.
- Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport, YNG. The airport is a conveniently located off Routes 11 and 82 in Vienna, OH. Its an hour away from Akron-Cleveland and Pittsburgh.
Youngstown is served by the following interstate highways:
- I-76 serving Akron and Youngstown and connecting to beyond Pennsylvania to the east.
- I-80 is the Ohio Turnpike (a toll road) that runs across the northern part of the state, serving Cleveland, Akron and Youngstown (where I-80 and I-76 criss cross).
I-680 provides access to downtown areas and outer suburbs
WRTA provides the inner city and suburbs with bus transportation.
- Stambaugh Auditorium. Former home of The Youngstown Symphony.
- Chevrolet Centre. Home of the Steelhounds, Thunder, and site of many major concerts
- Powers Auditorium. Built in 1931 by the Warner Brothers. Home to The Youngstown Symphony.
- Youngstown Playhouse. America's Oldest ongoing community theater
- Oakland Center for the Arts. Great local theater productions
- Butler Institute of American Art. First museum of American Art.
- Mill Creek Metroparks. Located in the heart of Youngstown, OH. Mill Creek Park encompasses approximately 2,600 acres, 20 miles of drives, and 15 miles of foot trails, and a rare collection of gardens, streams, lakes, woodlands, meadows and wildlife for all to enjoy. Visitors will find a wide range of recreational opportunities such as hiking, biking, picnicking, boating, Par-3, or championship golf, tennis, sand volleyball and more. Many of the facilities can be found at the James L. Wick, Jr. Recreation Area. Universally accessible trails, fishing pier, playground and picnic areas are located throughout the Park. Cabins and pavilions for group events are available for rental year-round. Mill Creek Park is the largest metropolitan park in the country, more than three times larger than Central Park in New York City!
- Southern Park Mall. Boardman
- Eastwood Mall. Located in Niles
- Rosetta Stone Cafe. Great new restaurant in the Downtown
- Handel's Ice Cream. Voted one of America's best ice cream parlors
- Fifth Season
- Springfield Grille
- Bean Counter Cafe in Downtown
- Golden Dawn
- Downtown Draught House. Tons of beer selections. West Federal Plaza - Downtown
- Core. Federal Plaza in the Downtown
- The Cell. Nightclub near YSU
- Imbibe Martini Bar, in the Downtown.
- Irish Bob's, South Ave.
- Micky's, Market St. in the Uptown.
- Shenanigans, Market St. in the Uptown.
- University Pizzeria and Italian Eatery, Lincoln Ave. (Youngstown State University campus)
- Best Western Meander Inn, 870 N Canfield Niles Road, ☎ +1 330 544-2378 (fax: +1 330 544-7926), .
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown, 801 North Canfield Niles Road, ☎ +1 330 505-2173 (fax: +1 330 505-3629), .
The Youngstown Region was ranked #4 in the country for golf by Golf Digest.