| || |
*'''China Inn''' 295 S Broadway +1 914 963-9059
*'''China Inn''' 295 S Broadway +1 914 963-9059
|−|* <sleep name="All Hotels Yonkers" directions="" phone="" email="" fax="" url="http://www.newyorkstatehotels.net" checkin="" checkout="" price=""></sleep> | |
| || |
Revision as of 07:28, 4 October 2009
Yonkers is in Westchester County and the fourth largest city in New York state. It is a suburb of New York City and directly borders the Bronx borough of New York City.
- Westchester County Airport, 240 Airport Road, White Plains (New York), +1 914 995-4860 (airlines), . The closest airport, about 35 minutes drive. Rental cars are available.
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, New Jersey, , John F. Kennedy International Airport , and LaGuardia Airport : The three major international airports in the New York City area offer service to just about anywhere. Westchester-based taxi and livery cars offer regular service to and from the three internationals from most areas of the county. New York City yellow cabs will take to you Westchester in a pinch, but the fares can be exorbitant. Instead, ask if your hotel offers shuttle service.
- Metro-North Railroad - Hudson line, . Express service between Yonkers station and New York City's Grand Central Terminal is about 25 minutes. Local service is available between other Metro-North commuter stations. On-board train fares are subject to a stiff surcharge, so buy your tickets at the station ticket office or at the vending machines inside the station near the stairs to the platform. Taxis should be available at the arrival of all trains.
Yankee Satdium - Now accessible by the Metro North on the Yonkers Hudson Line
- Amtrak, 5 Buena Vista Av., . Certain trains stop at Metro-North's Yonkers station.
- The Hudson River Museum, 511 Warburton Ave, +1 914 963-4550, . Exhibitions on regional history, Hudson Valley art, planetarium, the only public planetarium in Westchester County. It is the largest museum in Westchester County.
- Untermeyer Park, 945 North Broadway. Greek gardens, canals, reflecting pools and other created "ruins". Untermeyer Performing Arts Council  produces live performances in the park. The performances are admission free and are done through out the year.
Philipse Manor Hall, a Colonial-era manor house which today serves as a museum and archive, offering many glimpses into life before the American Revolution.
- Celebrities Famous celebrities born, raised or work(ed) in Yonkers are Lady Gaga, Mary J. Blige, David Berkowitz (Son of Sam), DMX, Ella Fitzgerald, Jadakiss, Steven Tyler (Aerosmith), Jon Voight
- Yonkers in the Media The film "Doubt" starring Meryl Streep as Sister Aloysius Beauvier filmed scenes for this movie at St. Marks Lutheran Church's school. Yonkers is also the location for many major filming projects: Catch Me if You Can with Tom Hanks and Leonardo diCaprio; Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind with Jim Carey and Kate Winslet; Mona Lisa Smile with Julia Roberts; A Beautiful Mind with Russell Crowe, Big Daddy with Adam Sandler, The Preacher's Wife (a remake of "The Bishop's Wife) with Denzel Washington and Whitney Houston, Kate and Leopold with Meg Ryan and Hugh Jackman. Some episodes of the new TV series Fringe were taped in the downtown. The City Hall Courtroom is also the setting for many film and commercial scenes. Neil Simon wrote a play entitled Lost In Yonkers, set in the city. The story is about two young boys during World War Two, whose father leaves them with their grandmother in Yonkers so he can earn money for the family. Yonkers was shown on A Shot at Love 2 with Tila Tequila, as it was contestant Kristy's hometown.
Sprain Ridge Park, Jackson Ave, Yonkers, +1 914 231-3450, . Mountain biking -- Helmet required, trail map is available online. 278 acres of wooded terrain located in the southern end of the county offers trails for beginners as well as advanced.
Yonkers Raceway founded in 1899 as the Empire City Race Track, is a one-half-mile standardbred harness racing dirt track and a New York state-approved video-lottery terminal (VLT).
Empire City a harness racing track that has renovated its grounds and clubhouse and added legalized video slot machine gambling in 2006.
Cross County Center also known as Cross County Shopping Center is an open-air shopping mall located in Yonkers, New York, United States, including anchor stores Macy's, Old Navy and Sears. The mall is managed by Macerich. Cross County Shopping Center opened in 1954 as the first mall in Westchester County. The Cross County Shopping Center is undergoing a new development and upgrade, starting in 2008 and scheduled to be completed in 2012.
Central Park Avenue NY 100 Central Park Avenue runs for eight and a half miles from the City of Yonkers through Greenburgh to White Plains. A very big shopping avenue with stores including T.J. Maxx, Best Buy, Car Dealers, and many privately owned stores.
Ridge HillThe newest development in Yonkers consisting of a high end strip mall and condominiums. Projected completion date is 2010. 
- Candlelight Inn
- Bistro Chartreuse, 35 Main Street, Tel: +1 914 969-1006, . Bistro Chartreuse is a wonderful french-american bistro that takes its name from the liquor Chartreuse. They have developed a creative menu featuring the green chartreuse liquor in many dishes and drinks. Located within a 2-minute walk of the downtown Yonkers train station, the restaurant has gotten rave reviews from Manhattan chowhounds as well as local diners.
- Totonno's Yonkers, 125 Tuckahoe Rd., Tel: +1 914 476-4446, . Pizzeria and Restaurant branch of the first Pizza Parlor in America - Totonno's of Brooklyn, est. 1924.
- Stew Lenoardsis a small chain of supermarkets in Connecticut and New York that Ripley's Believe It or Not! has deemed "The World's Largest Dairy" and that Fortune Magazine has deemed one of the top "100 Best Companies to Work For". File:56783571 01f7938479.jpg
- Rory Dolan's Restaurant & Bar
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 160 Corporate Blvd, ☎ +1 914 377-1144. 150 rooms (39 suites). Located in the South Westchester Executive Park. 955 square feet of meeting space, indoor pool, fitness center, lobby bar, and business center.
- Royal Regency Hotel, 165 Tuckahoe Rd., Yonkers, NY 10710, +1 914 476-6200, .
- Ramada, 125 Tuckahoe Road, Yonkers, NY 10710, +1 914 476-3800", 
- China Inn 295 S Broadway +1 914 963-9059