Yalova is a city in Marmara Region, Turkey. It lies to the south of Istanbul, across the Gulf of Izmit.
The quickest and easiest way to go to Yalova from Istanbul is to take a fast ferry from one of Istanbul’s many jetties. The major jetties with a connection to Yalova are located in Yenikapi (south of Sultanahmet), Kabatas (near Taksim) and Bostanci (Asian side). The voyage doesn’t take more than one hour.
Take the roads numbered: D130 from Izmit (east) and D575 from Bursa (south). There are also car-ferries from various points in or near Istanbul.
- thuya ecofarm, mecidiye köyü armutlu yalova, ☎ 226535 6383, . agro ecotoursm certified boutique hotel, jeep safari in the ecologic region on the peninsula armutlu, horse riding, organic food, vegetarian available, forrest village at 450m height 40-60 eu.
There are some tea gardens by the shore where you can also eat balık ekmek (a fish sandwiched inside half a bread).
The telephone code of Yalova is 226 (+90 226 when calling from out of Turkey). It used to be 216 prior to late 1990s, so old guidebooks may say so, which is not useful any more.
- Cinarcik nearby is a popular family vacation resort.
- Termal to the south is one of Turkey’s oldest hot spring resorts (which dates back to Romans, last time it was renovated was 1930s with a design based on that of Carlsbad of Czech Republic). On the way to Termal, you may also check out Karaca Arboretum if it’s weekend.
- Armutlu on the southern side of the peninsula is also a town known for its hot springs.
- Bursa lies some hundred kilometers south.