| || |
| || |
* <sleep name="BG Hotel Creperie" address="Av. Avila Camacho No. 60, Col. Centro
, Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico" phone="(01 228) 817 34 33" url="http://www.hotelesenxalapa.com/bg/index.htm" price=" Best rates on official website start at MXN 650.00"> BG Hotel offers 16 rooms which have plasma TV with cable service, free Wi-Fi access, a coffee/tea maker, telephone, work desk, and a fan.</sleep> |+|
* <sleep name="BG Hotel Creperie" address="Av. Avila Camacho No. 60, Col. Centro" phone="(01 228) 817 34 33" url="http://www.hotelesenxalapa.com/bg/index.htm" price="on official website start at MXN 650.00">offers 16 rooms which have plasma TV with cable service, free Wi-Fi access, a coffee/tea maker, telephone, work desk, and a fan.</sleep>
| || |
| || |
Revision as of 04:48, 4 May 2011
Xalapa is the capital of Veracruz in Mexico.
Xalapa is a college town that enjoys some fine colonial architecture as well as a nice climate in the highlands above the hot and humid Veracruz coast. It is a hilly town with a smart population hence it is sometimes considered to be the San Francisco of Mexico. Home to a considerable number of expatriates and foreign exchange students, the town really isn't on the typical backpacker/tourist path through Mexico.
The Lencero Airport is a very small airport. It is situated outside the city but it is used only for helicopters and very small planes. The closest airport is the Veracruz international airport. It's about 2 hours from Xalapa.
There are no passenger trains in 99% of Mexico since January of 2000.
The only important exception is Chihuahua Pacifico betwen Chihuahua and Los Mochis.
Almost-hourly buses go from Mexico City to Xalapa in several bus lines (ADO, AU), departing from TAPO station. The trip takes 4 hours aproximately.
Hilly, densely constructed Xalapa is one of the world's great scooter cities. Rent one and the back areas of the city really open up for exploration.
Museo de Arqueología (Archaeology Museum): a beautifully-designed museum of the cultures of Veracruz. Avenida Xalapa. A worthy rival to the more famous archaeological museum in Mexico City.
- Yerba Buena, Xalapenos Ilustres 22, Centro Historical, Veracruz (CP 91000) Tel. 01-228-8187508 - A tranquil and inexpensive popular eatery with friendly staff. Serves a daily set lacto-vegetarian menu, typically a salad and a choice of two soups and main dishes with bread, natural fruit juice and a coffee or a tea for dessert. 33 pesos. (Dec 07). Open 13:30-18:00.
Xalapa has a wide choice of budget hotels. The city should really be a lot more popular with backpackers than it is. The fact most stay on the Pacific and Caribbean coasts is their loss and can be your gain.
* Los Lagos(228)818-2000. 13 de Septiembre No.23. 22 rooms.
* Mision de las Americas(228) 814-1145. Av. Xalapa No. 172. 15 rooms.
* La Moderna (228) 817-3586. Leona Vicario No. 21. 39 rooms.
* El Arebe (228) 817-1777. Av. 20 de Noviembre No. 535. 13 rooms.
* Limon (228) 817-2204. Revolución No. 8. 49 rooms.
* Yalta (228) 815-0833. Av. Lazaro Cárdenas No. 696. 60 rooms
* Araucarias (228) 818-9038. Av. Avila Camacho No. 60. 16 rooms.
* Oasis (228) 815-0360. Av. Xalapa No. 1120. 25 rooms.
* Bugambilias (228) 814-5863. Av. Miguel Aleman No. 277. 20 rooms.
* Atenas (228) 812-8944. Av. Lazero Cárdenas No. 1181. 49 rooms.
* El Mirador(228)815-1655. Av. Xalapa No. 1106. 44 rooms.
* Tecajetes (228) 812-4973. Bustamante No. 24. 43 rooms.
- BG Hotel Los Lagos, 13 de Septiembre, Col., Isleta, Los Lagos, ☎ (01 228) 818 20 00, . All rooms have a cable plasma TV, coffee/tea maker, telephone, and Wi-Fi Internet access. Some of its amenities are a restaurant, laundry service, and wake-up calls. Rates on official website start at MXN 708.00.
- BG Hotel Creperie, Av. Avila Camacho No. 60, Col. Centro, ☎ (01 228) 817 34 33, . The hotel offers 16 rooms which have plasma TV with cable service, free Wi-Fi access, a coffee/tea maker, telephone, work desk, and a fan. Rates on official website start at MXN 650.00.
- Best Western Xalapa, Av. 20 de Noviembre 522, Col. Tatahuicapan, ☎ (01 228) 818 94 11, . All of its rooms have a cable TV, telephone, and electronic keys and lock. Some of its facilities are La Tasca del Quijote (serves a variety of international cuisines), mutifunctional rooms, a business center, and Internet access. Best rates on official website start at MXN 628.81.
- Howard Johnson Plaza de las Convenciones, Av. 20 de Noviembre Ote. # 455 Col. Modelo, ☎ (01 228) 8182020, . All rooms equipped with cable television, coffee/tea maker, telephone, and Internet access. Some of its facilities are swimming pool, fitness room/gym, laundry service, and safe deposit boxes. Rates on official website start at MXN 1,016.95.