Woodstock is an attractive small town 8 miles north of Oxford, England. It is the nearest town to the popular stately home Blenheim Palace, and therefore popular with travellers looking for food and accommodation.
There is a frequent service from Oxford city centre.
Woodstock is about 15 minutes drive north of Oxford on the A44. Traffic can be heavy, particularly in summer and at weekends, and there are limited parking opportunities.
- Blenheim Palace is a vast stately home open to the public. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country, on account of its sheer size and opulence, and its strong associations with Sir Winston Churchill, Britain's wartime prime minister (Churchill is buried nearby in the village of Bladon). The Palace has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List
- The Church of St Mary Magdalene - rebuilt in the 19th century, the church has a Norman doorway, early English windows and a musical clock which plays tunes on the hour
- Abodes of Oxford B&B in Oxford, 6 Blackman Close Kennington Oxford, +44 1865 435229, www.abodesofoxford.com 
- Remont Boutique B&B Hotel in Oxford Oxford Hotel Link
- The Feathers, Market Street, +44 1993 812291 (Fax: 01993 813158, Email: email@example.com), .
- Macdonald Bear Hotel, Park Street, +44 870 400 8202.
Explore other Cotswold towns such as Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Norton, Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Campden and Broadway.