Winnemucca is a city in Nevada, roughly midway across the state on Interstate 80.
Winnemucca is reached via Interstate-80 coming from the east (Salt Lake City) or west (Reno), and by Highway-95 coming from the north (Boise) or south (Las Vegas).
In addition to bus service, Amtrak  serves Winnemucca with the California Zephyr , which runs daily between Emeryville (in the San Francisco Bay Area) and Chicago.
- Winnemucca hosts several casinos, including Winners, the Model T, the Sundance, and Legends.
- Fantastic mountain biking is available at the nearby Bloody Shins Trail.
- Off-road vehicles are welcome at the sand dunes just north of town on Highway-95.
- Winnemucca is in Basque country, and hosts several Basque restaurants, including tradition family style dining at the Martin Hotel and Winnemucca Hotel, and restaurant style dining at Ormachea's and San Fermin. Don't pass up the chance for some Picon Punch!
I personally think that Ormachea's is the BEST Basque dinning in Winnemucca.The prices are comparable but Ormachea's has larger food protions and the quality can't be beat. It seems like the Martin has downsized their portions in the last few months.
- Sid's diner serves fantastic homestyle food. It's just past the Holiday Inn Express, south of I-80.
The meals at Sid's that I have had in the last couple of years are hit and miss. I have had some really bad meals and a few really good ones. I would skip that one.
- Model T has excellent food and at great prices.
- Red Lion has good food but a little spendy.
- There are several Mexican restaurants in town. Las Margaritas, Chihauhau's, Dos Amigo's
- China Garden is the best in Chinese food.
- The Griddle for the best breakfast.
- Winnemucca Pizzeria for the best pizza ever!
- The Martin Hotel is a fun place to relax and have a few drinks. Great atmosphere!
- Best Western Gold Country Inn, 921 W Winnemucca Boulevard, ☎ +1 775 623-6999 (toll free: +1 800 346-5306, fax: +1 775 623-9190), .
- Best Western Holiday Motel, 670 W Winnemucca Boulevard, ☎ +1 775 623-3684 (toll free: +1 800 262-8901, fax: +1 775 623-4221), .
- Days Inn, 511 Winnemucca Blvd., +1 775-623-3661, .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1987 W. Winnemucca Blvd., ☎ +1 775 625-3100, . Free Wi-Fi
- Motel 6, 1600 W Winnemucca Boulevard, ☎ +1 775 623-1180 (fax: +1 775 623-4725), .
- Humboldt County Chamber of Commerce, 30 West Winnemucca Blvd., Winnemucca Nv 89445 Phone:775-623-2225, Fax:775-623-6478
|Routes through Winnemucca