| || |
Revision as of 03:27, 11 March 2007
Winnemucca is a city in Nevada, roughly midway across the state on Interstate 80.
Winnemucca is reached via Interstate-80 coming from the east (Salt Lake City) or west (Reno), and by Highway-95 coming from the north (Boise) or south (Las Vegas). In addition to bus service, Amtrak passengers may disembark at the railway station.
- Winnemucca hosts several casinos, including Winners, the Model T, the Sundance, and Legends.
- Fantastic mountain biking is available at the nearby Bloody Shins Trail.
- Off-road vehicles are welcome at the sand dunes just north of town on Highway-95.
- Winnemucca is in Basque country, and hosts several Basque restaurants, including tradition family style dining at the Martin Hotel and Winnemucca Hotel, and restaurant style dining at Ormachea's and San Fermin. Don't pass up the chance for some Picon Punch!
- Sid's diner serves fantastic homestyle food. It's just past the Holiday Inn Express, south of I-80.
- Best Western Gold Country Inn, 921 W Winnemucca Boulevard, ☎ +1 775 623-6999 (toll free: +1 800 346-5306, fax: +1 775 623-9190), .
- Best Western Holiday Motel, 670 W Winnemucca Boulevard, ☎ +1 775 623-3684 (toll free: +1 800 262-8901, fax: +1 775 623-4221), .
- Holiday Inn Express, 1987 W. Winnemucca Blvd., ☎ +1 775 625-3100, .
- Motel 6, 1600 W Winnemucca Boulevard, ☎ +1 775 623-1180 (fax: +1 775 623-4725), .
- The Holiday Inn Express has free Wireless Internet in the rooms.