Wilmette  is located on the north shore in chicago, and is the location of the world's oldest still standing Bahá'í House of Worship.
- Metra train from downtown Chicago (Ogilvie Transportation Center)
- Close by Interstate I-90/94, known locally as the Edens Expressway.
- By taxi, from O'Hare airport
- By Pace bus from neighboring suburbs
- Linden "L" train stop
- Baha'i House of Worship, .
- Wilmette Theater,  has movies and live performances.
- Gillson park  for beach, sailing, tennis, picnic, marina, playground, dog beach.
- Wallice Bowl Theater, .
- Centennial Pool, .
- Centennial Ice Rink, .
- Wilmette Public Library, .
- Wilmette's public golf course, .
- Go do gymnastics at the Community Recreation Center, .
- Chestnut Street Beach
Souvenirs at the Crystal Cave.
- Wilmette Chuck Wagon. Chicago-style fast food.
- Kama Kura, Central Street. Sushi and Japanese cuisine.
- The Noodle, 
- Akai Hana, 
- Homer's Ice Cream, 
- Ridgeview Grill, 
- Burhops, 
- Lou Malnati's Pizza, 
- Charlie's Coffee House,  has live music at night.
- C. J. Arthur's,  has live music and great dinners.
Try hotels in Evanston, Skokie, or Glenview.