And Sancho beach in Fernando de Noronha and Lopes Mendes Beach, Ilha Grande? 220.127.116.11 15:14, 22 April 2013 (EDT)
- Good idea! I'm adding Sancho beach in Fernando de Noronha. Ilha Grande is missing a picture, do you have some pictures of this place so that we can add it to the article? Also, please leave the messages on the on the Discussion Page of this page. This one is just a template! Thanks! Best, IBAlex (talk) 16:05, 22 April 2013 (EDT)
added 18.104.22.168 17:18, 22 April 2013 (EDT)
- Thanks for the picture! My pleasure to add those places to our ranking! Looks like you are pretty familiar with editing on this wiki. Would you mind dropping a line or two on Fernando de Noronha/ Ilha Grande pages? Cheers! IBAlex (talk) 17:39, 22 April 2013 (EDT)
1. Chichen Itza is not a beach destination, so probably should be removed from this list. But I'll leave that to regular contributors.
2. Is there any limit to how many "top" destinations there should be in each category?
- Hey! Thank you for this message! I have just removed Chichen Itza. Thank you for pointing that out! We try to stay with 10 top places but sometimes it's hard to stick exactly with this number:) "Top beaches" ranking was created by Wikitravelers and we just wanted to include almost all the places that were mentioned. Would you like to suggest a new ranking that we will feature on the Main Page? Any suggestions? Warm regards, IBAlex (talk) 13:42, 3 May 2013 (EDT)
Why is this page protected from editing?
Axum should be Aksum to avoid the re-direct. --W. Franke-mailtalk 20:16, 17 May 2013 (EDT)
- Thanks for bringing that up, Frank! It was protected because of a huge vandal attack that we have about one month ago. But I have unprotected it now. Would be great to see your suggestions for the Upcoming Top Rankings. Take care, IBAlex (talk) 20:20, 17 May 2013 (EDT)
- The thing that is bugging me right now is the inability to do any serious template coding or improvement (unless you're an admin) because of the super-active abuse filters - but that;s another story... --118dot93dot73dot30 20:30, 17 May 2013 (EDT)
- I suggest serious template coding and improvement changes should be first discussed within the admins and the community before the implementation. I have only seen that Abuse Filters stopped you once. Then you let me know and we solved the issue together. Also, you don't need any special rights just to come up with suggestions for Top Rankings which was discussed above. Thanks! IBAlex (talk) 20:35, 17 May 2013 (EDT)
Top Old Towns
Acredito que algumas outras cidades de Minas Gerais sejam mais históricas que Olinda, como Ouro Preto, Tiradentes, São João del Rei, Diamantina... Livroturistico 19:26, 7 June 2013 (EDT)
- Thank you, Livroturistico for your suggestions! I'm gonna add one of the cities you suggested to the list. Would you like to help us with another ranking? We are open to your ideas. I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for all your contributions to Portuguese Wikitravel! You make it a better travel guide! i hope you will be able to understand this message. Obrigado! Cheers, IBAlex (talk) 19:52, 7 June 2013 (EDT)
Oops, you made a small mistake, Minas Gerais is the state :D 22.214.171.124 20:06, 7 June 2013 (EDT)
- Thank you! I need to work on my Portuguese :) IBAlex (talk) 20:10, 7 June 2013 (EDT)