|| This page has been nominated for deletion. After taking a look at the deletion policy, please weigh in with your opinion at Wikitravel:Votes for deletion. Please do not remove this notice as it must remain on the article until the nomination discussion is complete. If you are the author of this article, this nomination is not a critique of your work, but is instead a notice that the article title or subject may not meet Wikitravel's criteria, or that the content might belong in another Wikitravel article.
This expedition is under development. Please voice your concerns and opinions on how to define this expedition, its mission, etc. on the talk page. Also, as this is a group effort please share these opinions before editing this page.
The current status of the Routes expedition is: POOR.
Routes Expedition is a Wikitravel Expedition to promote and coordinate collaboration to provide coverage for information about major highways. If you'd like to join the effort, please add your signature to the bottom of the page!
What Should be included
Where to draw the line
- Wikipedia. Articles on highway systems provide a list of highways. Articles on individual highway can provide useful information for our articles (but remember, Wikitravel is not encyclopedic in nature)
- A road atlas. This will be helpful to see what lies along a highway that could easily be overlooked.
- A travel guide. Some, such as those issued by AAA in the US, list things to do along major highways.
- Manual of style
- List of US Interstates Lists all major Interstate highways. Feel free to pick of these and plunge forward!
As long as this expedition is in its infancy, we'll keep a list of articles here for easy reference. Eventually, a list pages will need to be created to list all articles:
- United States
- Interstate Highways:
- US Highways:
- United Kingdom
- BR-101, Brazil(poor quality)
- Karakoram Highway, betweebn China and Pakistan
- Kolyma Highway, Russia
- Pan-American Highway, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Chile
- Route 1-Ring Road, Iceland(poor quality)
Routes Expedition Members
Please list your name and what you think you can do best, such as which highways you might work on, if you can create logos for the route (like the Interstate 40 logo at top), if you can make maps of routes, etc.
- AHeneen, I can contribute to US Interstates, namely in the southeast.
- Epolk - I can create articles for any U.S. Interstates and am familiar with most of the Interstates in California, Arizona, and Nevada so I can expand and fact check those articles as needed.