How did Polish Wikitravel come to exist? There's no expedition for it. Or maybe i've missed out something. 220.127.116.11 09:44, 12 Aug 2004 (EDT) (Ronline) sorry for not logging in ;-)
- I get 404 trying it. What URL did you see a Polish Wikitravel at? -phma 16:07, 14 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- Somebody started a page at pl:Portal, based on the interlanguage links for fr: and ro:. It now redirects to the Polish Wikitravel Expedition, and we'll see how that goes. --Evan 17:24, 14 Aug 2004 (EDT)
- Actually, NOW it goes to the new, but not yet launch, Polish Wikitravel Wiki. --Evan 20:34, 1 March 2006 (EST)
I'm Polish, but for now I would rather prefer to spend my WikiTravel hours on extending English version.
But if there will be some strong need for sombody who will help working on Polish WikiTravel,
I'm ready to help developing.
In any case dont bother to contact me
-- JanSlupski 22:36, 13 Jan 2005 (EST)
- I'm not sure what that means. Are you the go-between? I'm ready to start pl: when you folks are. I think it'd be great! --Evan 22:44, 23 February 2006 (EST)
- Well, there were no discussion about go-between yet. I believe it should be choosen up agreement of the team. I'll send emails to guys asking to comment on that. --JanSlupski 09:47, 24 February 2006 (EST)
Confirm & let's start
Jakiś czas temu zgłosiłeś (zgłosiłaś?) chęć współtworzenia
polskiej wersji Wikitravel.
Ponieważ zebrało się 5 zgłoszeń możemy zacząć...
Potwierdź proszę czy nadal masz ochotę pracować nad "Wikipodróżami".
Jeśli co najmniej 3 osoby (mam nadzieje na 5...) potwierdzą swój udział,
* wybrać łącznika (go-between)
* przetłumaczyć (no, poprawić) polski interface
* podzielić się pracą przy tłumaczniu podstawowych (meta) dokumentów
Some time ago you have expressed your will to codevelop
Polish version of Wikitravel.
Because there is 5 people on the list, we can start now...
Please confirm you still want to work on Polish Wikitravel
If at least 3 of us (hope it will be 5) confirm, we should:
* choose go-between
* translate (well, fix) Polish interface
* divide work of translating basic (meta) documents
--JanSlupski 10:02, 24 February 2006 (EST)
I agree with JanSlupski's nomination for the go-between.
I will do as much as time permits to help translate the Polish interface and the basic documents.
--MD 16:55, 24 February 2006 (EST)
Xwietnie, zaczynamy po polsku.
Cool, let's start in polish.
S0568354 14:03, 27 February 2006 (EST)
- Sounds good to me. There hadn't been any activity on Wikitravel:LanguagePl.php, which is too bad because it looks like there are a lot of "GNU FDL" and "Wikipedia"-like strings in there. But we can edit it using Special:Allmessages on the launched site, too.
- Speaking of which: I've got pl:Strona główna set up, with editing locked. It'll take me about 2 seconds to unlock it once I hear from a go-between that it's time to get started.
- There's also wikitravel-pl mailing list set up, which isn't at all locked, and might be a good way to start discussions.
- Good luck to pl: -- I'm hoping it becomes our 10th Wikitravel language version! --Evan 14:54, 27 February 2006 (EST)
- What does mean "edit it using Special:Allmessages on the launched site" ? How can we use it? S0568354 18:03, 28 February 2006 (EST)
- Ah, sorry. There's a feature in MediaWiki (the wiki software we use, also used by Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects) that lets administrators of the site change the little bits of text (like menus, button labels, tab labels) using the same editing mechanism as for editing pages. There's a good writeup for it here.
- It would be nice if someone would look through the Wikitravel:LanguagePl.php file and change the instances of "Wikipedia" (or something like it) to "Wikitravel" (or something like it), but nobody's done that yet. So far, people in language version expeditions have been very eager to start the new language version and have skipped over doing the crucial step of translating the interface file. Anyways, even if we leave in lots of "Wikipedia" language, we can change it with this feature I was talking about.
- The reason I called it the "Special:Allmessages" feature is that that's the page you start with when editing the interface info. I don't think it will work until the site has editing enabled, though. --Evan 20:03, 28 February 2006 (EST)
Choosing a go-between
In order to make a successful, integrated Polish Wikitravel, we need to choose one of the five (or three)users who put their names down, and make them a go-between. The role of the go-between will be to act as a liaison between English and Polish Wikitravel, and therefore, he/she must be able to:
- Write English and Polish well
- Understand Wikitravel ideals, guidelines, goals and policies
- Make monthly reports about Polish Wikitravel to English Wikitravel
- Make monthly reports about English Wikitravel to Polish Wikitravel
- Contribute actively in Polsih Wikitravel
The go-between will be chosen by voting
The five candidates for go-between are the users listed below. If you would like to vote one of these people, please put your username next to their name, in the Votes for section. If you would like to make a vote against someone, please write your username next to their name in the Votes against line and then a reason for this. To win, a go-between must have two votes for them, and no votes against them. Only people who nominated themselves under the "Gathering a team" section can vote. And remember, you cannot vote for yourself.
Pick a user who you would like to see as go-between:
- Vote for JanSlupski
- Votes for: S0568354 18:27, 1 March 2006 (EST), MD 03:26, 2 March 2006 (EST)
- Votes against:
MD /michax/ rowniex zgadzam six z nominacjx JanSlupski /jasieksxupski/ na xxcznika, txumacza mixdzy pl and en S0568354 18:27, 1 March 2006 (EST)/pawex/