Per Denis' I took a stab at expanding this. It seems like there might be two good ways to get this going:
- Start gathering info about where things stand now - what documentation exists, what processes exist, etc.
- Start brainstorming possible improvements and ideas on this talk page. Anything from redoing documentation to eliminating business contributions to adding "verified" badges to listings, etc.
To the second point, a couple ideas that occurred to me are making article status more prominent (perhaps revisiting Template:Title-icons and doing a bit more with those) and possibly implementing icons that could be added to listings such that a rollover would show users who "verified"/"endorsed" the listing and when they did so, for example:
- The Shiz, 1234 Shiz Street, ☎ +1-555-555-5555, . With four fireplaces and a view of the Magic Mountains this place is great for a romantic evening, and the food, while pricey, is memorable.
The "verified"/"endorsed" icon would obviously benefit greatly from using a template, should probably use something other than a star, and ideally should change the image depending on the number and freshness of the people verifying/endorsing. -- Ryan • (talk) • 20:49, 24 August 2011 (EDT)
- That little verified icon is awful cool! I might call it an "approved" icon instead, and maybe use a check mark?
- I think a small template that we could place either in a section, such as "sleep", or even at the top of the article (ideally in the header) that would show the article was reviewed and deemed reliable, and would show who reviewed it and when, could be very useful as well.
- I also like the idea of adding title icons to guide and usable templates (I assume that would be the best way of doing it?). --Peter Talk 21:23, 24 August 2011 (EDT)